Glock Firearms banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
After reading this post, I couldn't help it.. I went out and got myself a S&W 22A... It does feel strange in the hand after being so used to my glock 19. Help needed!

I went and got some CCI mini mag 22 LR HP. Remington 22 yellow jacket HP. And finally some bulk, Remington Golden bullet's.

Went to the range and was just a little disappointed with the ammo I got. might be because I need to break in the new gun? Or I just have really bad batch of ammo?

The Remington golden bullets copper plated? was giving me 6% failure to fire. And around 3% failure to feed. Also it was pretty dirty. At certain points It was throwing small pieces of something when ejecting out the shell. And boy its hot on my hand. Its like cooking bacon and its sizzling every where! Sheesh.

The Remington yellow jackets were giving me 2% failure to fire. and 3% Failure to feed.

Lastly the CCI was giving me around 1% failure to fire. But all fed okay.

I shot 100 of each.

I'm a little concerned with the rim fire ammo. Doesn't sound like anyone had many issues with theirs. But mine is unreliable. Maybe because the remingtons are hollow points?? The CCI is hollow point too. But its more rounded.

One i'm scared of failure to fire (miss fire?) when it does I hold the gun down range for like 30 seconds.. not sure where I got that figure from. But I don't want it simmering and then it going off in my face. I look weird holding the gun whilst not shooting it, like i'm posing for a photo shoot.

Two, when it fails to load the next round in and it just clicks when I pull the trigger. I'm afraid its going to break something. Heard these guns don't like being dry fired.

Three, I miss my glock.. It goes boom all of the time.. no matter what I give it..

So is it the gun or just purely bad ammo? New to 22LR's!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Got rid of my SWMP.22 today and got the old faithful Ruger Mark 3 - love that gun, never had a problem, reasonably priced.

·
Banned
147 Posts
I just bought a Beretta U22 Neos (6 inch barrel) new from my LGS for $240.00 and this thing is SWEET! I didn't like the way they looked at first (a little too ray gunish) until I held one. Despite the odd looking angle of the grip, it feels quite natural and it's an accurate little bugger.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well my money will be in order next week, but my gun shop said the 22 45 is on back order and I should get it somewhere else. Called 2 other shops and Academy who all told me they did not know when they could get them in. Just my luck.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I picked up the Ruger Mark III Hunter (stainless with fluted barrel) a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it!! It is picky on ammo somewhat, I've switched different ammo 2x and now I'm using the Remington Golden Bullets with no problems, and CCI Mini Mag are perfect too just cost more. No complaints here and I'm glad I waited till I found one...................all of the gun shops I buy from could not get me one for anything!! Thank goodness we have gun shows locally almost every weekend!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
gun-girl said:
I picked up the Ruger Mark III Hunter (stainless with fluted barrel) a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it!! It is picky on ammo somewhat, I've switched different ammo 2x and now I'm using the Remington Golden Bullets with no problems, and CCI Mini Mag are perfect too just cost more. No complaints here and I'm glad I waited till I found one...................all of the gun shops I buy from could not get me one for anything!! Thank goodness we have gun shows locally almost every weekend!!
Lubrication with a 22 auto can be finicky, and the 22 is known to be a dirtier round. Maybe once on a while wipe the feed ramp and a dab of lube on the slide. ;)

·
Registered
624 Posts
My personal favorites are the Ruger MKII and the Ruger single six. (Of which I own NEITHER right now! So sad!) We have the Sig mosquito which is fun but finicky. Only likes mini mags. Fun as heck to shoot though.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Went into the shop today and they had one of the new 10/22 Takedown. It has been raining today so I haven't shot it, but it sure is cool to look at. Cost a few dollars more than the 22-45, but the extra is made up on the coolness factor.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would go for the marlin 795 papoose. It breaks down similar to the new 10/22 but it's cheaper and the microgrove barrel yields better accuracy!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
44 Posts
Budsgunshop.com was having a sale on a .22 1911 a few weeks back! I think it was cheap off brand, but now they want over $300. Strike while the iron is hot I guess. LOL.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
TXGlock19 said:
Picked up a Ruger SR22 yesterday - all the reports seem to be good - will let you know how it shoots.
Eager for the range report.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just bought a Ruger SR-22 myself -- waiting for it to be shipped to the local gun shop / range, and then put it through some rigorous "testing" before my wife gets it. If I like it, I may end up with one, too!

Frank

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
44 Posts
Funny. I got a Glock, and my Ruger P95 all of a sudden became my wife's. She said, yep, that ones mine now. And I already bought her a .22 rifle. Some wimminz.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just got a S&W M&P 15-22 put close to 2000 rounds through it had a few stove pipes but nothing I didn't expect with the cheaper ammo its a great gun and fun as hell to shoot

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jsloyer said:
Just got a S&W M&P 15-22 put close to 2000 rounds through it had a few stove pipes but nothing I didn't expect with the cheaper ammo its a great gun and fun as hell to shoot
I also have the s&w 15-22. It is so much fun to shoot. Best ammo for it is the Winchester m-22 rounds. They are excellent in the 15-22 and perfect so far in my Walter p22.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts