Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love shooting my .40 Glock 22 and 27. With .40 being the caliber carried by all my local law enforcement, I am sometimes the happy recipient of hand-me-down range ammo. Even with the free ammo my range time is not where I would like it to be because of finances (and saving for additional guns ). I would like to augment my shooting time with a .22 lr pistol. Can anyone give a recommendation about which pistol to get and which ones to avoid?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recommend the High Standard Model B. It is very accurate and easy to disassemble and clean. Also like shooting the S&W 617 if you are into revolvers.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Ruger Mark II or III, one of the most accurate handguns I have ever owned and fired.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can anyone tell me how the 22 45 is on ammo? Is it picky, or will it eat everything like my Glocks? How is the take down and cleaning of the 22 45?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Used Ruger Mark II, cheap, reliable, accurate...................just a pain in the butt to field strip and reassemble

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LRN? How often do you field strip and clean your 22 45?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Casey Tripp said:
Can anyone tell me how the 22 45 is on ammo? Is it picky, or will it eat everything like my Glocks? How is the take down and cleaning of the 22 45?
I buy the 550 round federal ammo at Wal-mart and have little problem with it. Tha lead ammo (Remington) I've had problems with.
CCI Stinger ammo no problems whatsoever.
It can be a small pain at first to field strip but after a couple of times, you should have no problem.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Has anyone tried or owned a Ruger SR22? I have been checking this out. But wasn't sure how reliable or how easy it is to strip down.

Interested since it looks pretty okay. And more expensive 22 rounds are dirt cheap compared to the higher calibers. Range time with my 9mm is getting expensive for me. I don't know how other people with bigger calibers cope with the prices! Haha

·
Registered
124 Posts
.22 rounds are like around $24? For 500 rounds compared to my 9mm at around $24 for 100... Yikes more rounds for more range time woot!

·
Registered
285 Posts
sean_ma said:
Has anyone tried or owned a Ruger SR22? I have been checking this out. But wasn't sure how reliable or how easy it is to strip down.

Interested since it looks pretty okay. And more expensive 22 rounds are dirt cheap compared to the higher calibers. Range time with my 9mm is getting expensive for me. I don't know how other people with bigger calibers cope with the prices! Haha
I own one. Just got it on Sunday! Very easy to strip down and clean. As far as I've heard it is an excellent gun and is not picky like others on ammo. I will be shooting it this Sunday! Check out hickok45 review on YouTube for that gun

image-1706972994.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sweet piece! Okay i'm trying not to run out to the store. I'm at lunch break... Man!!

Need to break the urge, and stop checking this forum so often.

Not sure if i'm addicted to this forum for new info or my glock!

Er both?

·
Registered
58 Posts
My wife's Beretta NEOS has been great. It seems to eat anything. The best part is I got it for $229 brand new. It's definitely strange looking, but it has grown on me a little bit. For the money it has served its purpose well as a cheap range plinker.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Neo looks like a phaser or other laser pistol. How much do additional mags cost for the neo and the 22 45.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The NEOS is my least favorite looks wise and the Ruger Mark III with a fluted barrel is a close second, but its what she picked out. I really like how the Walther P22 and Sig Mosquito look, but the models with full length slides tend to be VERY picky when it comes to ammo. You pretty much need to use Mini Mags if you want any chance of reliability. I lost count how many times my P22 had FTE's using anything but Mini Mags.
Spare magazines are about $25. We've gotten by fine with the 2 it comes with. I load one while she shoots and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I'm not knocking the Baretta Neos by no means I was just looking ar their Web Site, are you aware of the recall notice?
It has to do with the safety.
Check it out, wouldn't want any to be injured, it does say chances are low and no injuries have occured, but still check it out.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Ruger Mark III Target and 550 round. Very fun to shoot for cheap.

image-4294233434.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 93 Posts