Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's an update on what I believe to be the best 1911 available today, for the money.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziPKHK1lw6w[/ame]

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two answer:

(1) Yes.
(2) I'm sure the SIG is nice, but it costs a lot more than the SR1911.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Two answer:

(1) Yes.
(2) I'm sure the SIG is nice, but it costs a lot more than the SR1911.
Have you done any with the SR9?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Thanks for working up & posting the vid. I'm sure your right about the cost/quality. Nice looking 1911 too.

The first thing I noticed was the difference in recoil between this vid & the G 21 vid. With the same camera angle it really is obvious.

It would be a nice investment for someone that wanted a 1911 to find out how they shoot.

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's interesting, I'll have to watch the two vids to see that recoil difference.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
looks like between 700 and 750

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I paid $580 out the door for my SR1911, but I realize that was a pretty crazy low price. I did however just yesterday run into a guy on another forum who paid $550.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Amsdorf said:
I paid $580 out the door for my SR1911, but I realize that was a pretty crazy low price. I did however just yesterday run into a guy on another forum who paid $550.
Wow! If you find another one for that price, let me know haha. The Taurus 1911 isn't even that cheap!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,413 Posts
I've seen SR 1911 prices all over the map. If production catches up to demand maybe the good prices will become permanent.
I've seen Taurus 1911's in .38 super around $400 new.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
I really wish the ruger 1911's were on the California approved list, I would LOVE to own one...

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, the guys on Calgun were giving me a hard time for posting there about it.

Whoops.

: )

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was also in the same dilemma looking for the best 1911 for the money, an I went with the Taurus pt1911ar stainless. I slapped a hogue grip on it and I've never had one problem. Probably put about 2500 rounds through it and it's been covered in mud multiple times and slammed the pavement pretty good. (yes I care about my guns but I used this one quite alot in the woods haha)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts