Beretta Nano

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glocker73, Jun 9, 2012.

1. I've been looking at the Beretta Nano and I'll have to say its seems to be a great gun! I've been wanting to find a good quality CCW for my wife that is affordable and will fit her small hands. I bought her a G26 Gen 4 last year, but the double stack mag frame is too fat for her hands, so I took it as my EDC and I LOVE IT! So, until Glock makes a single stack model other than the G36, I guess I'll have to buy another brand. So, does anyone out there own and/or shot one? If so, pass along some feedback! Positive or negative. Thanks in advance!

2. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

My neighbor has the Nano and the trigger (to me) feels 'different' than I'm used to with Glock. My buddy picked up the Shield and that felt nice - trigger pretty decent (to me). Have you looked at Ruger's LC9, Kahr CM9, Kel-Tek PF9 and S&W Bodyguard?

3. Yes, I have looked at these. The Ruger and Kel-Tek are out because she nor I care for hammer fire pistols for CCW. She has a Ruger p22 just for plinking. The S&W Bodyguard is also out because it's a .380 and with myself having the G26, we want to stick with just 1 caliber and since we enjoy shooting, the 9mm is a good CCW caliber and less expensive to shoot. I've had looked at the Kahr PM9, but it was too pricey for the wallet, but the CM9 looks interesting! May have to check it out! Not to crazy about the stainless slide, so do they offer it in blue finish as well? Thanks for all the helpful info!

4. @SuperSport
    Thanks for referring me to the Kahr cm9! I really like this gun! It's essential a pm9(polygonal barrel vs. conventional barrel), but WAY less expensive! The only negative for me, is that it's only available with the matte stainless slide. I prefer all black. Very sweet gun! Bud's Guns has it in stock for $399! With it being a fairly new product from Kahr, I'm sure they will offer it with the black slide sometime in the future. Cool little piece!

5. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

No worries - I've been shopping the sub compacts for the wife (kinda like Fred Flinstone buying Wilma a bowling ball but holes fits Fred) and was doing some research. ;)

6. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    My daughter was looking for a 9mm in something a little more affordable and she likes the Bersa. One of our gunsmiths here in town has one. She and I shot it and she really liked it. I liked it too but the Glocks fit me better. Very nice and very CCW friendly.

7. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

I saw the video for the nano when it first came out. A product engineer shot it for something like 1k rounds. It didn't really look that pleasant to shoot .. . it looked like allot of recoil for a 9mm. Not something I'd get a lady w/ small hands. How about one of the walthers?

8. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    The PPQ is really nice from Walther. It's the same size as the 19 but the grip is a bit smaller.

9. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

----->> truf<<-----

10. Bigbird65

Bigbird65 New Member

I bought my Nano back in January. On the first range trip my wife who is a slinder 5'6" shot about 25 rounds and really liked the gun. She said the recoil didn't bother her. So, I would highly recommend that you get her one. Out of 513 rounds shot only 2 FTEx early on from Blazer Brass 115gr FMJ. No other problems of any kind.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012