Been Trying To Tell People This For A While

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by PUNISHER, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Even some people on this board. Yes I'm a NRA member but that crap they are trying to sell you is a bunch of bull. No one is coming for your guns. This has been all over the news today. Obama has no plans for any new gun control legislation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJxnQmaB6QI&feature=g-all-u[/ame]

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Whatever...........

3. Just like everything else in life.......only time will tell.

4. bubba2001

bubba2001 Well-Known Member Supporter

maybe not this term.........put him in another 4 years and see what happens

5. Deuce

Deuce Because 2 Are Better Then 1

++++1on this

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

He sounds like the perfect person to draft new gun control laws.......he knows nothing about guns, and that's been the only obvious requirement for writing every gun law proposed for the last 80 years.

7. This one speaks truth

8. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

One of the oldest jokes out there....

How can you tell when a politician is lying???? They're lips are moving, of course.....

9. Well, if he doesnt take it in November then I will bump this thread just to say I told you so.:D

If he has another for years then Ill have to wait 4 years to say I told you so.
    Oh yes, I will wait.:D

10. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

Yeah, and he also said this...

Nothing he says can be believed. Except, maybe that part about wanting to "fundamentally transform America". Given another term, I do believe he will do just that—and that, we don't need—at least not the way he wants to do it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2017
  11. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

And This.......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQXZoM__vU0[/ame]

13. icepick

icepick New Member

[

You need to support the NRA for threats of today And tomorrow.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! I am just sorry, and I am not trying to insite anything here. I just do not believe ONE word that man says! Period!! JMHO

15. shaker223

shaker223 Boost Rules

This from my senator....illegal gun trafficking...Holder & fast & furious makes more sense now. (not sure why it didn't paste over nice.)

Thank you for contacting me about the proposed United Nations (UN) Arms Trade Treaty (ATT). I appreciate hearing your views on this matter
    .The illegal manufacture and trafficking of firearms contributes to crime and violence around the world by arming criminals, terrorists, and other militant groups. Illicit firearms, especially small arms and light weapons, can destabilize entire regions by fueling armed conflict and violence against innocent civilians. In addition, the presence of such weapons complicates humanitarian relief programs, peacekeeping initiatives and the development of democratic societies. According to the United Nations, there are more than 875 million small arms and light weapons in circulation worldwide, and these weapons are responsible for approximately 300,000 deaths every year.

Over the years, the United States and other UN member governments have undertaken both national and international efforts to combat the significant increase in illegally manufactured and trafficked firearms. U.S. policy includes attempting to curb black market transfers of small arms to zones of conflict, terrorists, international criminal organizations and/or drug traffickers; encouraging other nations to raise arms export standards to U.S. standards; streamlining and strengthening U.S. export procedures to improve accountability without interfering with the legal trade in or transfer of arms; and supporting the destruction of excess stockpiles of small arms, particularly in regions where conflicts have ended. In July 2001, a nonbinding “Program of Action” (PoA) was adopted by UN member governments, including the United States, that encouraged nations to ensure that manufacturers use markings on small arms and light weapons to facilitate the tracing of illicit weapons transfers; establish procedures to monitor legal sales, transfer and stockpiling of small arms and light weapons; and make the illegal manufacture, trade and possession of such weapons a criminal offense.

In 2008, the UN General Assembly convened a UN Group of Governmental Experts to examine the possibility of an international treaty focused on denying arms to groups that would abuse them, including rogue states, terrorist organizations and illegal militias. Under the Bush administration, the United States was an active participant in the 2008 UN Group of Governmental Experts and endorsed the Group’s recommendations for an international framework for controlling the international conventional arms trade. In October 2009, the United States voted for a UN resolution laying out a schedule for talks on the proposed Arms Trade Treaty, including a final UN Conference on the ATT in 2012.

The United States supported the resolution in part because it states that the 2012 Conference will operate under the rule of consensus decision-making, a provision that was necessary to gain U.S. backing. According to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, “as long as that Conference operates under the rule of consensus decision-making needed to ensure that all countries can be held to standards that will actually improve the global situation by denying arms to those who would abuse them, the United States will actively support the negotiations. Consensus is needed to ensure the widest possible support for the Treaty and to avoid loopholes in the Treaty that can be exploited by those wishing to export arms irresponsibly.” In this instance, consensus decision-making means that the United States maintains its right to veto any agreement produced by the 2012 Conference.

Some have raised concerns that UN efforts to combat the illegal international arms trade may restrict the rights of law-abiding American citizens, despite the fact that the proposed ATT is focused on the illegal manufacture and trafficking of firearms around the world. While I believe these concerns are misplaced in regard to the proposed ATT, it is important that any efforts to curb the illegal international arms trade do not infringe on the rights of law-abiding U.S. citizens.

As the world’s largest exporter of conventional weapons and a government that is widely considered to have the gold-standard on arms export controls, the United States has a special responsibility to promote responsible global arms trade. I support ratification of a strong and effective ATT, and I look forward to working with the administration and my Senate colleagues to achieve that goal.

Thank you again for contacting me.
    Sincerely,
    Carl Levin

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  16. We will see soon enough. I've been right so far. Facts speak for them selves.

17. Ok if you are right on him who is to say the next person that becomes president wont?

18. Good point, they may idk. Going to have to judge on the actions and or facts. Our current President is focused on other things right now. To be frank I feel like he doesnt give a damn about the gun debate. The facts show exactly that. Now if he is not reelected then we will have to see what Romney is saying. I'll be pissed if he is talking about gun control when he really needs to be talking about bringing jobs state side and getting Americans back to work.
    Plain and simple, there is more important stuff to worry about.

19. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I don't believe for a second that Obama will do anything on gun control this term; it would not gain him any significant amount of 'swing' votes, and it could cost him a great deal of votes.

On the other hand, if re-elected all bets are off. There's only one thing a first term president wants....a second term. There's nothing a second term president has to worry about, but impeachment, if its not illegal he can do whatever the hell he wants without repercussions.

20. You are right. I'm just saying anybody can say anything they want to but in the end.......only time will tell if they hold true to their word.