Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
U.S.N.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Question about bedside holsters..
I see that crossbreed makes a bedside holster that is quite basic but expensive..
Has anyone used that one, or used any others that they recommend. I am thinking of just making my own.. but maybe one of our vendors has a design idea that they could produce for me. I am looking for a simple easy solution to keep my gun close at night. I do not have children so that is not an issue.
Anyone have any advice/experience?
Thanks,
Andrew

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I just use a pistol rug. Some come with rings if you want to hang them off of a post or a frame. I just unzip the end enough for access, & put it under my pillow. The trigger is protected, and the pistol isn't exposed to dust & dirt every day so it stays cleaner longer. They don't cost much, a nice padded one can be picked up for under 10 bucks. All of mine are black, so I get iron on patches to put on them that match the gun inside, easier to keep track of that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
SeventiesWreckers said:
I just use a pistol rug. Some come with rings if you want to hang them off of a post or a frame. I just unzip the end enough for access, & put it under my pillow. The trigger is protected, and the pistol isn't exposed to dust & dirt every day so it stays cleaner longer. They don't cost much, a nice padded one can be picked up for under 10 bucks. All of mine are black, so I get iron on patches to put on them that match the gun inside, easier to keep track of that way.
Where do you get the pistol rugs from?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
Pretty much any supplier of shooting products that sells cases will have an assortment. I got some of mine thru Optics Planet, they were free give aways if you bought a Viridian laser. Dvor, which is part of Optics Planet, runs sales on them ere so often. The ones I have are just cheap ones, made by Bulldog. They come in Small, Med, & Large. My G21 fits pretty tight in a small size. Midway sells them, Brownell's also. Mine cost about $8.00 a year ago.

·
I have the body of a god........Budda
6,346 Posts
You could modify what I did with our Rem' 870 20ga. We have a wood headboard on our bed so I cut and padded wood cradles and epoxyed then to the back side. My wife is petite so the stock is on her side but I can get it into action about as fast from my side. The bed's headboard is close enough to the wall so as to not be obvious but far enough away ( don't need much ) to allow easy grasp.

·
U.S.N.
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well on my side of the bed, close to the wall.. there isnt a nightstand. just the bed frame a foot or so.. and then the wall.. and what i would prefer is just a quick safe easy way to grab my weapon. i like the idea of it next to bedside because then it is out of the way and somewhat concealed.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
I used to hang mine off the bedpost in a Miami shoulder rig, with two mags in the mag pouches, It was easy enough to just grab the whole thing & sling it, if I had to go outside in the middle of the night to investigate something. But it was a real dust collecter & I had to clean it pretty often. That was my 1911. I bought the G21 just for home use, and with a Viridian X5L tac light on it, there aren't many off the self holsters that fit it. I keep a glass of water on my nightstand, and don't want the gun there too. Pretty much just a personal preference.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine is mounted on my bed frame but it's in a quick access handgun safe. When the bed is made you don't even notice that it's there. Since my HD gun stays there and the safe is made from 7 ga steel it is pretty secure during the day.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
kglack43 said:
Harbor Freight disc magnet (100 lb) one wood screw ...
Now that's awesome!

·
Registered
94 Posts
That also how the 870 12g is mounted about the inside of the closet door... Loaded and out of reach of the kids .. Easy access...

·
Registered
547 Posts
I made a bed side holster out of a piece of aluminum and kydex, folded it about 20" to go under the mattress and 10" to fasten an all kydex holster to. I have a magnet under my desk at work and it holds my G 22 tight enough that I do not have to worry about it falling by accident but can easily draw it if needed. Both work great and are cheap to make just dip the magnet in rubber coating to protect the slide. I also made a bed side holster for the Mossberg shotty it rests right next to the Glock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If your gun is on the bed stand why would you want it in a holster? I can see holstering it to put away for storage during the day inside the bed stand. In a hurry at night the last thing I'd want to do is fumble with un holstering my gun.
I would prefer mounting my Glock in a mattress holster. A friend of mine woke up in the middle of the night and realized someone had broken in his house and was standing next to his h
If your gun is on the bed stand why would you want it in a holster? I can see holstering it to put away for storage during the day inside the bed stand. In a hurry at night the last thing I'd want to do is fumble with un holstering my gun.
i world prefer a mattress holster. A friend of mine woke up in the middle of the night realizing a man broke into his home and was standing by his bed. The intruder could have simply picked up a handgun on a nightstand but would not be aware of a handgun in a mattress holster. My friend kept a .38 Special under his pillow which he retrieved and fired. The intruder left the house post haste. My Glock 27 .40 cal is uncomfortable under my pillow but is readily accessible yet hidden under the covers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts