Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
just wants to watch the world burn.
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gen 4 g21 and want a beavertail grip but im concerned it will affect my grip and be uncomfortable for me. Looking foursome insite

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Haven't felt the need for a beavertail on my Glock...can you share why you think you need one ?!

Are you getting "bit" by the slide when firing ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I lovethe bevertail on mine. I have huge hands. I have a gen 4. I use the medium backstrap, beavertail and a houge grip. I like the way it fitsin my hand. It also helps me position my grip on the gun higher since there is something there.

For 25.00 or less it was good for me.

My pal with smaller hands loved the feel of the glock without a backstrap. He shoots an XD.

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It bit me one time yes but that's it. I mainly want one girl at the range and letting other ppl shoot it. Plus I just realy like the look. I've also heard it can help when griping the gun.

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For*.. not girl.. my bad lol

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
OK...BTW, you can edit a post, should you want to add an after thought...the edit button is on the far right at the bottom.

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah yes I see Haha thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thinking about purchasing a beavertail grip extension. Wondering if you have to use the adhesive or can you just put the large pin and it be fine?

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you use the pin

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have a gen 4 g21 and want a beavertail grip but im concerned it will affect my grip and be uncomfortable for me. Looking foursome insite
Had one on my 30SF...didn't like it. Changed my grip too much: increased the grip length (front to back) by 3-4mm; dropped my grip lower by 2-4mm thereby increasing felt recoil/muzzle flip.

I can see it being more effective on something like a 17/19 or 22/23.

Do you have large hands? Or problems/concerns with slide bite? If not, I'd hazard a guess that it might not be as effective for you.

·
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea I had a feeling the would be the case. cause I don't even like the medium backstrap

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought the BeaverTail for my 34 and after shooting about 250 rounds through it. I had a blister on my thumb knuckle...I took a sautering iron flathead to the large grooves then sanded the crap out of it. I'm having Ms. Jones sexified right now but after I get her back ill post pics showing exactly what I'm talking about. I use 0 grip additions with the BT but the Pachmyer grip holds it in place just fine and feels like a Gen.3 Timberwolf Frame extended BT. Except about 225 bucks cheaper. Just not as light of course. Lol

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have one on my 17 and love the way it looks but not the way it feels.Also it was a headache to put on. It irritates my hand above my thumb after about 50 rounds. I will probably try to sand it down where there are deep groves to try and minimize irritation. But for the 25 id say spend the money on ammo instead.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Glock34Jarhead said:
I bought the BeaverTail for my 34 and after shooting about 250 rounds through it. I had a blister on my thumb knuckle...I took a sautering iron flathead to the large grooves then sanded the crap out of it. I'm having Ms. Jones sexified right now but after I get her back ill post pics showing exactly what I'm talking about. I use 0 grip additions with the BT but the Pachmyer grip holds it in place just fine.
Follow the above and it will feel like your holding a frame of a 1911. don't give up on it yet, remember that this is the first of its kind. They are working a more comfortable and tactical style up due to all the complaints coming in. (After speaking to a rep). Just make the wanted adjustments yourself for now and you will love it. Plus you take a little more pride in it knowing you fabricated it to your liking. Even though it was such a small task. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
The Gen 4 OEM beavertailed backstraps are supposed to be available very soon... I too am a severe slide bite (more like rip) victim if I shoot more than a mag or two at a time. I have "built" beavertails onto all of my Gen 3's, but the drop in beavertail for the Gen 4's will (hopefully) be the answer I've been looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got a beaver tail for my Gen 3 35, mainly for feel as I have big hands and no adjustable back strap. It took me 30 minutes to install it the first time and felt kind of funky with the high ridges digging into hand. I went to the range with it and after 200 rounds my hand was numb, I had groove marks in my hand, and I was very disappointed. I ended up taking a dremel and some sand paper to the groves and flattened them out. I then took a torch to them and created texture to the grooveless beavertail. After putting 800 rounds through it without the grooves I really like it and has helped my shooting.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't have a DIY beaver tail...mine was custom mfg'd to my 17L along with some other features. I LOVE it and wouldn't own a gun without it. The beaver tail allows me to get high and tight plus i like the look. Psychologically, I feel it helps me shoot better than without.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts