Barrels

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Dusty, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Just bought a new extended ported barrel from lone wolf for my glock 29 has anyone bought and installed one before and was it a good move?

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Hey Dusty, Welcome to the forum. Maybe you coul go to intro. And tell us a bit about you and your glock. Be patient you will get answers on this soon.

3. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

Just ordered the same for my g26 gen4 including 500 rounds. I'll let you know how it does when it gets here.

4. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Also I bought a stainless steel guide rod with dual springs its 50% heavier but significantly reduces recoil. Was wondering if anyone has any insight in spring replacement and was this a good choice, I have already purchased both items but just want a little positive reinforcement as to weather I screwed up or did the right thing.

5. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Alright so I got everything in today and installed it all really quick and easy here are some pictures let me know what you all think

ForumRunner_20120615_174114.jpg

ForumRunner_20120615_174145.jpg

ForumRunner_20120615_174201.jpg

ForumRunner_20120615_174218.jpg

ForumRunner_20120615_174234.jpg

6. Dusty

Dusty New Member

I have a new lone wolf extended ported barrel, new dual stainless steel guide rod, and a 2 shot extension for the clip for added grip.

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

That's pretty sharp Dusty!! Have you got to try it out yet?

8. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Not yet I just recieved everything today and I just got out of work

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I would sure be interested in a range report if you get the time, that looks sweet!

10. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I like it. Can you shoot on base, or do you have to go to a public range?

11. Dusty

Dusty New Member

There's a pistol, rifle, and shotgun range but all for military use only there are few out in town close buy and I will post a range report as soon as I go this weekend

12. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Alright, so I went to the range today and man was it night and day difference between the stock barrel and buffer spring and the after market barrel and spring. It changed the recoil significantly and on top of that instead of the barrel moving up in the recoil it is directed toward the grip more so its easier to stay on target. I am really impressed and I have really gotten my moneys worth.

13. Josejalapeno

Josejalapeno New Member

14. Sighhhhhhhh just finished polishing my barrel... only took about and hour and a half or so using a giant polishing wheel on a bench grinder, so happy to have it done, looks great but I havent taken any pics yet :p