Glock Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know bout sending ur barrel in to get redone? My spring has started to emwear the part that holds it to the barrel... Spring will come out very easily and sometimes i worry it will affect performance if this continues. Other question is if i send the barrel in will they completely reconstruct it ?

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
When the slide is assembled to the frame the dust cover will stop the spring assembly from coming out of the barrel notch where it fits into the barrel so I'd not worry about it too much.
Still, if it's a problem for you sent the gun to Glock and they'll rebuild it for $60 bucks IIRC.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Can you post pictures? There's absolute no way that the recoil spring assembly can damage the barrel. It's simply a physical impossibility. Plastic vs steel, in general, can't win, but when you add in the Tenifer hardening process, that takes it to a whole new level of impossibility. Even with a stainless guide rod, the rod will fail long before the barrel.

What you describe is a worn recoil spring. It's an easy replacement and inexpensive.

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
It does sound like a possible worn RSA, the generally accepted guideline is a replacement at, or about, 5,000 rounds. Quick fix if it is.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Sounds like a worn RSA, a quick fix, if you send in a barrel they will replace it.

My recommendation would be to replace the RSA, which I sell. If that does not work, maybe a be barrel, which I also sell. But I wouldn't want you to spend $160 if that is not the case, and I doubt it is.

If a new RSA doesnt fix it, then taking it to a glock armorer would be your next option. Then, if he recommends it, maybe a new barrel.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the barrel had been polished and im thinkn some of the metal had worn from the process im not sure but a dremel might have been involved with that piece of the barrel the spring is fine and didnt act like this before it was polished. It has only bout 1000 rounds if that pics to come for ur opinions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts