Barrel?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cbk342, Mar 4, 2012.

1. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

WHat is a good barrel to get for my 19? I want to upgrade ... Also what can I get to reduce recoil I wanna be more accurate with my grouping

2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

stainless teel and tingsten guide rods are supposed to give a perceived reduction in recoil

lonewolf and jarvis make good barrels

An extended ported barrel will also help a bit in reducing muzzle rise

3. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I have used kkm and gemtech (made by lonewolf). Both are of good quality. Someday I will break down and get a barsto. But the hassle of having it fitted has kept me from getting one.

4. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

I'm gonna look into it have u actually experienced reduced recoil with those tungsten / stainless spring? Just curious

5. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I have one of each. (in different pistols) The amount of recoil reduction is not very noticable to me. But I do like the idea behind them and always seem to get one for all of my glocks. lol

6. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Does the ported barrel help with reducing recoil?

7. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Yeah. But, I personally do not think they are good as a defensive pistol. Others may have a different opinion but I shot a ported glock 23 in a night shoot and I was pretty blinded for a bit. lol

8. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

Ya I can see ur point I might just go with a regular length lone wolf stainless barrel... Plus tungsten guide rod maybe a recoil buffer added as well.... Then stainless slide release and polymer mag well will b sweet too