Glock Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of my Castle until my wife comes home
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A month or few back I purchased a RIA TAC Ultra FS HC 40SW. Based on my natural curiosity I was wondering if I would be able to swap out the barrel and recoil spring and have a 10mm? After much interwebs hunting, I found that I can do this swap all I would need is the barrel and a #20 recoil spring all other internals would work with no issue. So I found the RIA 10mm bull barrel (they were out of stock for a long time) and purchased it along with recoil spring and guide rod (those whom have bull barrel 1911's will know why) and proceeded to install... to my surprise not a drop in kind of thing (never really is with 1911's) so took it to my GS for fitting. Should have it back soon. Once I have it it will be a 40SW / 10mm combo 1911. I am excited at the prospect since I also have another combo 1911 (22tcm / 9mm) and like having the option. With these I now will have 1911's chambered in 22tcm, 9mm, 40SW, 45ACP and 10mm. I am so HAPPY!!!! Will update this thread with pics and range report once I get my gun back from GS.

·
Banned
259 Posts
That's interesting because I didn't know that a 40sw magazine can accommodate 10mm rounds.

·
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In this particular config, 1911 double stack mec gar mags. The same mag ships with the 10mm RIA double stack 1911... I scoured the interwebs and confirmed with RIA.

·
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's interesting because I didn't know that a 40sw magazine can accommodate 10mm rounds.
Here is the pic of the 40sw mec gar mag with 16 rounds of 10mm. Once I get my RIA back from GS I will have a 16+1 40S&W / 10mm combo.

·
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more pic as previous is very grainy. ..

·
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally got my RIA TAC FS HC 40 back with the 10mm barrel fitted. I took it out on the range and went through 100 rounds of 10mm then swapped back to 40SW for 100 rounds then swapped back to 10mm for another 50 rounds. All with no issues. So both my RIA 1911's are combo guns 22TCM / 9mm and 40SW / 10mm. Pic below.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts