Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by casey97, Feb 2, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

[FONT=&quot]First let me say I have a Gen 3 G27 and a have recently put a Gen 4 G22 on layaway at my local shop. It was a great deal and I had to ensure no one else got it. I have ample credit but since taking Financial Peace at my church I am credit adverse. I have received the new spring and guide rod assembly from Glock and have traded them out. I was wondering if I could purchase stock Glock 9 mm barrel and 9 mm magazines and have a cheaper range gun with the Gen 4 G22?[/FONT]

2. lauritzencl

lauritzencl New Member

Get the conversion barrel from lonewolf. I think it is around $110.

3. casey97

casey97 New Member

Will it work with Gen 4? I want to make sure before I purchase anything. Also will the 9 mm barrel from Glock work?

4. fls348

fls348 New Member

I second this.

The 9mm factory barrel dimensions are ever so slightly different than the 40, thus Lone Wolf fixed the problem by filling the gap so to speak. Don't risk screwing up your Glock, go to LW site and find the appropriate conversion for the appropriate model you need. I'm sure they have them for Gen4 Glocks.

Edit*

http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=971&CAT=241 (read the entire description)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  5. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

This is what Lonewolf states about using their conversion 9mm barrel in a gen 4 Model 22.

PLEASE NOTE: Using this barrel in a Generation 4 Glock may cause malfunctions while using the standard Glock recoil spring assembly. For best results, install a 9mm Glock recoil spring found here: Glock OEM Recoil Assembly , or for even more versatility, use our Gen4 guide rod adapter with our Gen3 guide rods found here: Lone Wolf Adaptors and Guide Rods .

6. casey97

casey97 New Member

Thanks for the help.