Glock Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a question for yall that have a gen3 g19 . I was wondering if ur spring is tough to take out when taking down the pistol. Mine seems to come out farely easy and it used to be very snug in there. I was wondering what everyone thought. All information is welcome

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Mines not very hard at all

·
Banned
654 Posts
check the spring, it may be in two pieces. It will be hard to see unless you're looking for it.

·
Premium Member
1,000 Posts
mine is easy.......always been easy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If it's that significant of a change that you've noticed, I'd go ahead an just order a new one. They're not very expensive.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
The springs will lose some of their original tension over time and with extended use. This is normal. I usually swap them out after about 5000 rounds or so...

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the problem is with the barrel. In the spot where the spring is placed into groove . Its like the groove no longer will hold the spring securely ive only had one stovepipe recently but it worries me tgat the barrel doesnt hold the spring in place... When i field strip my glock the spring is already out of place when i take tge slide off

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
cbk342 said:
I think the problem is with the barrel. In the spot where the spring is placed into groove . Its like the groove no longer will hold the spring securely ive only had one stovepipe recently but it worries me tgat the barrel doesnt hold the spring in place... When i field strip my glock the spring is already out of place when i take tge slide off
This happens...the action of recoil will reseat the guide rod, no prob. As long as the slide doesnt bind when you reinstall it (rack it a few times to function check it) you'll be fine.

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Mine is as well, when I take the slide off, my spring is already sitting partially out of the crescent spot it rests in. It is just the slide catching it when you take it off. No need to worry. But if it really worries you, order a new one like Jonm said.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
To test and see if a recoil spring assembly needs to be replaced:

Rack the slide back but hold onto it - don't let it slide forward on it's own.

Still holding onto the slide, slowly let it move forward.

If it stops moving forward on its own before fully closing (if it stops before the barrel chamber completely fits into the ejection port), then the spring has weakened sufficiently where you might need to consider replacing the recoil spring assembly.

Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That helps Very much so thanks alot guys ... Ill tell u what bout 4000k rounds and only one ftf not bad at all ... I will keep this glock as a self defense weapon over any other brand

1 - 15 of 15 Posts