Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my barrel ported, and was wondering if slide milling was also needed in order to get my gun to cycle and shoot correctly. New to all of this so any info helps and is greatly appreciated!

·
Banned
1,561 Posts
I am getting my barrel ported, and was wondering if slide milling was also needed in order to get my gun to cycle and shoot correctly. New to all of this so any info helps and is greatly appreciated!
Hi and welcome!

I am not a fan of "ported" barrels. However, I am curious and find your statement vague. How about some pictures with descriptions?

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
If you get an extended ported barrel, no, you have to do nothing. If you are staying with the OEM slide, unless it's a G34/G35/G17L/G24, then yes, you will have to mill the slide for it to function correctly. Otherwise all the gas will blow off the inside of the slide and not function as a port. What Glock model are you talking about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you get an extended ported barrel, no, you have to do nothing. If you are staying with the OEM slide, unless it's a G34/G35/G17L/G24, then yes, you will have to mill the slide for it to function correctly. Otherwise all the gas will blow off the inside of the slide and not function as a port. What Glock model are you talking about?
Thats the answer i was looking for. But its a glock 22rtf2/17 converson with a factory barrel.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts