Barrel polish

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by parkeral, Apr 10, 2012.

1. parkeral

parkeral New Member

Just got my barrel polished finally. Came out exactly like I wanted it to. And I polished the feed ramp to a nice glossy smooth finish. Figured I would share it with some people that would actually appreciate it.

But I do have a question, has anyone ever used the ghost forward bullet slide release? I'm thinking about getting one if it's worth it.

Attached Files:

2. ornelasyuma

ornelasyuma New Member

What did u use to do it? How long?

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Great job Parkeral!

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Attached Files:

6. parkeral

parkeral New Member

I had a local shop polish and bead blast the barrel for 25$. Can't beat the price.

Anyone heard of that ghost forward bullet slide release?

7. No, but its not a release. Its slide stop. Not meant to return the slide to battery.

8. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

I did my own polishing. 600 grit, 2000 grit, Mothers polish, and a Dremel polishing kit ($12 from Walmart). Oh, and about 6 hours!
    What you can's see is the trigger job I did on the internal parts. She looks and shoots like a dream now!

ForumRunner_20120411_135800.jpg

ForumRunner_20120411_135848.jpg

ForumRunner_20120411_135911.jpg

9. Sure i could, i would just knock a dollar off my every day price lol

10. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

Was that zombie killer ammo

11. discostuvw

discostuvw New Member

Sure looks like it :p

12. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Yep sure is!

13. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

hornady zmax...

14. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

The zmax is like 4 bucks cheaper than the normal CD. My sd ammo is all zombie max

15. ryanmckenna88

ryanmckenna88 New Member

Great question about bullet forward slide stop...unfortunately no one has answered. I too have wondered if its good. I am new to glocks, have a gen 3 19, does barrel polishing make the barrel shiny silver?

16. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

Yes. If you want your barrel done pm nuckingfuts29

17. Properly done it makes the slide a mirror. I am happy to provide the service if you choose to go through with it. See my sig!

18. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Yet its the same bullet. Only cheaper becuase of the zombie gimmick which is fine with me lol

19. ryanmckenna88

ryanmckenna88 New Member

I am sold! AWESOME. I am gonna wait a little bit, I have spent allll my money already... Got a glock tactical light/laser, night sights, extended slide stop, grips, etc. I will send you a PM very soon! Hopefully next week! It appears you do AMAZING work.

20. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@iGlock:

Just curious, do you use a MIC holster with that clipdraw?

@Parkeral:

Nice one there. Are you planning to have it polished to a further shine?