Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yes I have...it works great !!

And Hickcock45 on YouTube swears by it...

Good enuff for me !! ;)

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Use it every time I clean my firearms. After awhile it truly dose leave like a "Teflon" coating on the parts you use it on. The only problem I have with it, is it has a wicked smell to it. In my opinion.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SHOOTER13 said:
Yes I have...it works great !!

And Hickcock45 on YouTube swears by it...

Good enuff for me !! ;)
Yeah that's where I have seen it being used. He says he's not trying to sale it. lol But I was wondering any follow GF members using this stuff. Like to try some. Not any local area where I live. Close one 75 miles away. So, before long road trip, I'll ask here first. :)

Btw: Hickcock45 can put them out there, that man can shoot!! Hit that gong every time.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
EllsinoreOutlaw said:
Yeah that's where I have seen it being used. He says he's not trying to sale it. lol But I was wondering any follow GF members using this stuff. Like to try some. Not any local area where I live. Close one 75 miles away. So, before long road trip, I'll ask here first. :)

Btw: Hickcock45 can put them out there, that man can shoot!! Hit that gong every time.
Unless you're up for a road trip, you might try ordering online. I ordered mine from amazon.com and had it within a couple of days (I believe the amazon vendor was Pyramid Air or something like that).

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,395 Posts
Most oils will turn nickel yellow too. Really applies to old revolvers.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
EllsinoreOutlaw said:
I guess we'll take that short road trip. Need get kidos out house anyways. lol I got have me some of that stuff!!
It is good stuff, but use in a well ventilated area. Depending on how much you spray, the odor can be pretty powerful. Some like the smell though (as noted earlier in the thread).

·
Registered
217 Posts
It is good stuff, but use in a well ventilated area. Depending on how much you spray, the odor can be pretty powerful. Some like the smell though (as noted earlier in the thread).
I wouldn't say I like the smell but it is better than CLP in my opinion. CLP strikes me as having a more "toxic" smell. Theoretically it also less harmful to you and the environment (although I haven't really studied the two to verify that this is the case).

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I use Ballistol mostly just to clean/preserve the exteriors of firearms. Does a decent job cleaning internals/barrels, but I find using something like Hoppe's a little easier to use when cleaning internals because it's much less slippery than Ballistol. Ballistol has a slight odor but is not offensive in my opinion.

·
Banned
2,947 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Never tried CLP. I think I will give it a go when my can of Ballistol is gone.

The fact that it is readily available is a plus for CLP.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts