Ballistol gun cleaner/lube...

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by LaiePoi, Feb 15, 2012.

1. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Hey does anyone know what local stores sell Ballistol?

2. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Perfect! Thank you!!

3. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Does anyone know where to get ballistol online for the best price. I see it on amazon and have been convinced to use it but before I order would like to get some feedback from the users on where is best to buy

4. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Be careful with this. I contacted a "dealer" in my area (listed on the Ballistol website) about getting some.

The "dealer" had no idea what Ballistol was!

I ended up ordering it on Amazon.

5. I generally get mine from MidwayUSA.com but can't say it's cheaper there.

6. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I'll check out midway that's a good idea!

7. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I think amazon it is midway was literally twice as much!

8. Make sure you are comparing like items. Balistol comes in both aerosol and non-aerosol forms. Aerosol can is much cheaper. I use both forms...non-aerosol for soaking parts and aerosol spray for general clean/lube jobs.

9. FYI just checked...MidwayUSA Ballistol is a little cheaper than Amazon. Ballistol comes in 16 oz bottle and 6 oz spray can

10. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

I get mine in 16oz bottles from MidwayUSA. I usually wait until I want to buy a bunch of stuff from them at the same time to save money on shipping. Ballistol has to be shipped UPS Ground.

11. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

On amazon the 16 oz can is 18.32 on midway 23.27. Unless your shipping is less or your picking it up direct. Shipping to where I live is 12.28 for 16 oz can

12. Gotcha, like the other poster, I order it when I'm already buying other stuff and shipping is bundled.

Brownells.com also carries it.

13. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I just did a search on Amazon and found the 16 oz can for $8.11. I paid $8.93 last week. It arrived yesterday. Shipping wasn't bad, $4.99.

14. Caseyglock19

Caseyglock19 New Member

Amazon is the cheapest I've seen, unless you go to a gun show (don't forget $10 for parking and another $16 for admission), just buy it. the stuff lasts forever and i use it on everything.

15. HenryinFlorida

HenryinFlorida New Member

+1 on Amazon. I find almost everything there. There prices anre always pretty competive.