Ballistics Gelatin

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Junior-G-man, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Junior-G-man

Junior-G-man Beak 'em Hawks!

Anybody ever get any ballistics gelatin? Has anyone ever made some?

If you can buy it, where do you get it?

Thanks!

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

YouTube user tnoutdoors9 uses SIM-TEST media for his ballistic tests. It gives pretty similar results to ballistic gelatin, it's cheaper, doesn't have to be kept at a certain temperature, and it's reusable.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tnoutdoors9

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

^^^----- +1!

I am also given to understand that standardized ballistics testing is now done using measured blocks of SIM-TEST with 4 layers of denim cloth across the target area. SIM-TEST also eliminates a lot of the inconsistency of results (due to ambient temperatures as well as formulation) with ballistics gel.

4. Junior-G-man

Junior-G-man Beak 'em Hawks!

Thanks guys. I checked out the SIM-TEST stuff. I like it but it is kinda spendy for me. However, it is re-usable so that's a plus.

I tried to make some with 2 large paks of Jell-o plus 1 small pak of gelatin. It seemed to set up OK, but haven't had a chance to use it. I don't think it is as thick as the SIM-TEST stuff but it still may be fun to shoot at.

I like trying to come up with different stuff to shoot at. Plastic Coke bottles filled to the brim with colored water are kinda fun, for one. Got any other ideas?

5. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

......Cats :p

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Neighbors that piss you off? :eek::D

8. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Your mother-in-law?:rolleyes: