Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever get any ballistics gelatin? Has anyone ever made some?

If you can buy it, where do you get it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
^^^----- +1!

I am also given to understand that standardized ballistics testing is now done using measured blocks of SIM-TEST with 4 layers of denim cloth across the target area. SIM-TEST also eliminates a lot of the inconsistency of results (due to ambient temperatures as well as formulation) with ballistics gel.

·
Beak 'em Hawks!
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I checked out the SIM-TEST stuff. I like it but it is kinda spendy for me. However, it is re-usable so that's a plus.

I tried to make some with 2 large paks of Jell-o plus 1 small pak of gelatin. It seemed to set up OK, but haven't had a chance to use it. I don't think it is as thick as the SIM-TEST stuff but it still may be fun to shoot at.

I like trying to come up with different stuff to shoot at. Plastic Coke bottles filled to the brim with colored water are kinda fun, for one. Got any other ideas?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Thanks guys. I checked out the SIM-TEST stuff. I like it but it is kinda spendy for me. However, it is re-usable so that's a plus.

I tried to make some with 2 large paks of Jell-o plus 1 small pak of gelatin. It seemed to set up OK, but haven't had a chance to use it. I don't think it is as thick as the SIM-TEST stuff but it still may be fun to shoot at.

I like trying to come up with different stuff to shoot at. Plastic Coke bottles filled to the brim with colored water are kinda fun, for one. Got any other ideas?
......Cats :p

·
Registered
13,460 Posts

Neighbors that piss you off? :eek::D

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Your mother-in-law?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts