Ballistic Vests?

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by IrishRifles, Apr 4, 2012.

1. IrishRifles

IrishRifles New Member

----------

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Pretty much everyone makes the same 3 levels of protection.

Pinnacle makes the thinest and lightest I've seen, but you pay a hefty premium for their armor.

3. IrishRifles

IrishRifles New Member

----------

4. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I hear ya, but for 3 times the cost I'll give up a little comfort and get the same level of protection.

If price is not an issue at all the Pinnacle Dragon Skin SOV concealable is far and away the very best in comfort and concealability. It runs $2K to $4K depending on protection level and inserts

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

For the past 6 years I have worn a Second Chance Monarch Gold Level II vest. I loved it. So thin and lightweight. I got a ton of compliments from other officers and the ladies.

6. IrishRifles

IrishRifles New Member

Wow..

----------

7. AuxSix

AuxSix New Member

I have a cheap "Gall's Special" which is the base line Point Blank. It runs $400. Point Blank has "Premium" lines of vests that utilize other ballistic fibers than Kevlar. Besides reduced weight they have other nice characteristics such as Thor Shield that protects against electronic weapons such as tasers and sun devices.

8. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

Wear a Gatorhawk vest now...not the most comfortable, but not too bad. Looking at a Second Chance Monarch II or ABA Xtreme II. Open to other suggestions.

Our Union buys our's for us every 5 years...but it's what they feel is "economical" for funds available so some of us just buy our own to get something a bit better.