Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the range and had some casings eject and hit me in the face. I also had 1 stovepipe and 1 jam. First time in my life i had either(I'm a retired PO, carried a G19 gen2). My gun is a G19 Gen 3 and is only about 2 months old Did some research and found out my ejector is a 336 and glock has been replacing them themselves or through an armorer.
When I called Glock, I was told to use CCI ammo. I told them that is not an acceptable response and was then told to send it to Glock and I wouldn't get it back for 4-6 weeks. I asked about a glock armorer replacing it and was told they would send one to an armorer for free.
I'm very disappointed with Glock's answers. I feel like they were not being honest and not giving me the best options to correct this issue.
I was actually going to get a Glock 26, but am now having second thoughts about buying another Glock.
 

·
Glockn Rollin
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
I am sorry you had a bad experience, as to the CCI ammo, it is probably what they have to say for elgal reasons. And with the sending the gun to them, they have a lot of customers and 4-6 weeks is reasonable, although it likely wouldn't take that long. It is better for them to over-estimate the completion time than to have something go wrong and it take longer than expected. They offered to send the ejector to an armorer for free, that sounds like a good solution to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
372 Posts
See my post in this thread, it pretty much sums up the ejection problems with recent production Gen3 and Gen4 9/40/357 Glocks. You can get an Armorer to install the 30274 ejector into the Gen3 trigger housing that's in your gun, or you can do it yourself. The newest Gen4 9mm trigger housings have the 30274 ejector in them, but many retailers still have the old version with the 336 ejector. So far MidwayUSA.com, glockparts.com, and LoneWolfDist.com have all been confirmed to have the Gen4 9mm trigger housing with 30274 ejector.
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f8/ejecting-casings-hitting-me-face-5054/

Because you can't use a Gen4 trigger housing in your Gen3 gun you need to remove the Gen3 housing from your Gen3 frame, remove the ejectors from each Gen3 and Gen4 housings, then put the 30274 ejector into the Gen3 housing so you can use it in your Gen3 gun. And one of my posts in this thread explains how to swap ejectors between trigger housings.
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f10/g27-cases-bent-2342/

And after swapping ejectors you may still need to toy around with swapping extractors. With my Gen3 G27, a 28926(.40) ejector and a new extractor fixed it.

Many people have sent their Gen3's in to Glock for this problem. Some have gotten prepaid shipping labels after asking for one, most have not. Some have gotten the new ejector installed, many have not. Many have had to send it back multiple times, paying for inbound shipping each time before the new ejector was finally installed. At ~$70 per trip back to the manufacturer for a $2 part to get installed, that can be pretty frustrating. It's best to include a letter with the gun specifically requesting that they install the 30274 ejector, and even then they may not install it.

It's unfortunate that Glock is still using the old ejectors in Gen3's. And it's frustrating that they automatically accuse you of limpwristing or shooting weak ammo, even if you own another of the same model that doesn't have the problem, on top of it knowing that they specifically designed a new ejector to fix the problem which exists in both Gen3's and Gen4's but they're only using it in new Gen4's. What's worst is that it's like pulling teeth to get them to install the new ejector in a Gen3 when it should've been in the gun before it left their plant. I personally opted to wait until the new ejectors were available in the newest trigger housings so I could install the part myself and I'm glad I did.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
A new member...............Hope this the right area to ask a question.

Just purchased a 17-gen 4.Pulled the slide off to verify the
rsa/ejector numbers..They are correct..I put the slide on, slide all the way back.Then i noticed,it was on,one side(left side was,
right side was NOT...it was above the rail).

My query is,did i damage any parts when pulled the slide off the rails.(removed the slide by pulling down on the slide lock & the slide came off).

I`d appreciate any impute.

Thanks
Nache
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,923 Posts
Welcome. I did that recently. No ill-effects from it. A Glock can withstand an awful lot. That's why we got em...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Glock is not doing to good with public relations the way they handle this problem.Try different ammo is cci the cure all! Why do they act like changing the ejecter is rocket science!I bet this problem has steered away alot of customers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gman56 said:
Glock is not doing to good with public relations the way they handle this problem.Try different ammo is cci the cure all! Why do they act like changing the ejecter is rocket science!I bet this problem has steered away alot of customers.
Sent mine back to them twice within 2 weeks, now they're replacing mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Glock897 said:
Went to the range and had some casings eject and hit me in the face. I also had 1 stovepipe and 1 jam. First time in my life i had either(I'm a retired PO, carried a G19 gen2). My gun is a G19 Gen 3 and is only about 2 months old Did some research and found out my ejector is a 336 and glock has been replacing them themselves or through an armorer.
When I called Glock, I was told to use CCI ammo. I told them that is not an acceptable response and was then told to send it to Glock and I wouldn't get it back for 4-6 weeks. I asked about a glock armorer replacing it and was told they would send one to an armorer for free.
I'm very disappointed with Glock's answers. I feel like they were not being honest and not giving me the best options to correct this issue.
I was actually going to get a Glock 26, but am now having second thoughts about buying another Glock.
Hi I just bought my 19 gen3 this week and experienced similar issues how can I tell if I have the same faulty part?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
324 Posts
Hi I just bought my 19 gen3 this week and experienced similar issues how can I tell if I have the same faulty part?
Take the slide off the 19 and look at the ejector (the part in the back of the gun that has a slight bend to the right. On the right side of the part there will be a number. Mine is 336 but I have only had a couple hit me in the face so I'm not too concerned at this point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
wrpNYFL;
Thanks for the reply..hope your right.

Do i have it right.?..wrp might be you...NY= from NY.....FL=..now live in Fla..or a snowbird...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,923 Posts
nache said:
wrpNYFL;
Thanks for the reply..hope your right.

Do i have it right.?..wrp might be you...NY= from NY.....FL=..now live in Fla..or a snowbird...
Live in NY. Have a vacation/future retirement home in FL. BTW, just put 200 9mm rounds down range. Still works great!
WRP are my initials. I'm Bill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,329 Posts
Live in NY. Have a vacation/future retirement home in FL. BTW, just put 200 9mm rounds down range. Still works great!
WRP are my initials. I'm Bill.
I was named after my Dads Best friend who's Initials were WRP (William Ray Peoples My Mane is William Ray :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Dan75719 said:
Take the slide off the 19 and look at the ejector (the part in the back of the gun that has a slight bend to the right. On the right side of the part there will be a number. Mine is 336 but I have only had a couple hit me in the face so I'm not too concerned at this point.
yea mine reads the same.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top