BACK TO THE FUTURE: The New GLOCK P80 Classic Edition

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by SJ 40, Sep 1, 2020.

1. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

BACK TO THE FUTURE: The New GLOCK P80 Classic Edition From Lipsey’s

"We all have dreamed about having our own time machine. Some of us would travel back to witness historical events, visit with distant ancestors or to memorize next week’s winning lottery numbers. But those of us who are true firearms aficionados often drift off to a place where classic, rare or historic guns are actually obtainable. Once your hands were filled with pre-1986 machineguns, most collectors would gravitate towards their core interests. For me, one of those guns would be a low serial number, new-in-box GLOCK Gen 1 G17. Today, Lipsey’s and GLOCK have offered us the next best thing: a classic edition GLOCK P80 that takes you back to where it all started."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2020/08/31/glock-p80/

Video of announcment

NEW Retro Glock! The Glock 17 Gen 1 is BACK Today

I've got mine on order as they start shipping to a dealer near you today and yes it comes in the Glock tuperwear box.

LElliott, Bayou, TheKraken and 3 others like this.
  2. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Well-Known Member

So, who’s buying one? I’m kinda torn. On the one hand I am a sucker for things like this but on the other hand, I probably wouldn’t carry it and would feel kinda bad shooting something that 75 years from now could be a collectors item. Guess I could just compromise and buy it and also shoot the crap out of it. I already have a Gen 4 G17 I only carried while trying to see if I could conceal carry a G19X effectively. Aside from that I only bought the 17 because I felt I should own the original model.

Bayou and SJ 40 like this.

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    At first I was, Polymer 80 is making a Glock gen1 copy?!?!:eek:

Good news.

CDR_Glock, Bayou, mattm and 1 other person like this.
  4. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

Don’t get the low serial number?
    What significance does it have.

5. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat.I don't need hit to add to the rotation but I know not that far down the road the things will sell for double, seen it before with the RTF 2's with fish gill slide serrations,so I'll pick one up.

helitack32f1 likes this.
  6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Danzig
    I did the same thing when I saw it posted to TFB and had to read the title a second time.

mattm and Danzig like this.
  7. GlockGuide

GlockGuide Active Member

Rumor (pretty reliable source but still a rumor) is 10,000 of these (P80 model) will be produced. 5,000 now and another 5,000 2021.

Knowing Glock - since they had to make a mold, it may not be the only thing they make from that frame. Gen 1 17 possibly? Maybe some commemoratives?

I already have a Gen1 shooter and some rare collectible versions, so not sure where this fits for me. I don’t think it will ever be something rare w/ 10k and many buying for reasons other than shooting/carrying. I have a feeling I’ll be buying one anyways just because I can’t seem to not buy whatever Glock makes.

SJ 40, nickndfl and helitack32f1 like this.
  8. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

Just build a P80, and put "1 of 1" on it. Boom, instant classic :p.
    Personally, I prefer "no serial number". :cool:

helitack32f1 and SJ 40 like this.
  9. nickndfl

nickndfl Well-Known Member

Wow, repopping a plastic gun. Never thought I would see that. It is for the extreme enthusiast. It will affect the collector market, especially in the lower grades.

SJ 40 likes this.
  10. grayman

grayman Active Member

If their selling for PRE-BudLite virus prices I'll get one....maybe two If their gonna price gouge NO.

Danzig likes this.
  11. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

My guess if the Plandemic and the non gun owing Left doesn't affect the P 80's,about 600.00 to 650.00 street price, if that isn't the case then it's anyones guess.

12. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

Got 2 in the Way from Lipseys today, shipping tonight, so hopefully by Friday I’ll have them.. very limited run

Danzig likes this.
  13. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

dealer cost is about the same as a Gen 5, but the MAP and MSRP is higher. It will actually sale for whatever someone is willing to pay. As for the 10,000 Units being produced, That’s way higher then what I know of, but Ill let Glock and Lipseys put out that information.

14. PCnotPC

PCnotPC New Member

The Lipsey's rep said that very thing in the video. Not a rumor.

GlockGuide and Lucian_253 like this.
  15. jhelper

jhelper Active Member

Got them in IMG_1599246844.088404.jpg IMG_1599246875.713681.jpg

Bayou, j102, Lucian_253 and 4 others like this.
  16. helitack32f1

helitack32f1 Well-Known Member

17. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

SJ 40 likes this.
  18. nitetrain

nitetrain Member

So basically its a repop of a gen 1 17? If so, I guess if makes my vintage 1988 gen 1, that much better!

SJ 40 likes this.
  19. BanjoGlock

BanjoGlock New Member

DA4802E8-E3D3-47CB-8A14-5A7340772CE2.jpeg Got one at Bud’s today. 7DB602C1-24A1-45E9-858C-C74A47EFFFE7.jpeg