Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into finally going to get my ccw. I was just curious where everyone got theirs at or where they prefer. Any good recommendations or know of any "in the know" places that have a good class. I am currently leaning towards attending the class at ben avery. Any info would be helpful. Thank you

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
xtroyx said:
I am looking into finally going to get my ccw. I was just curious where everyone got theirs at or where they prefer. Any good recommendations or know of any "in the know" places that have a good class. I am currently leaning towards attending the class at ben avery. Any info would be helpful. Thank you
What area are you in?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
xtroyx said:
I thought in AZ you can conceal without a permit... Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
205 Posts
There's no such thing conceal without permit. Open carry, yes i believe without permit. I'm not saying i'm right but it just doesnt make sense. ;)

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Yes you can conceal carry without a permit at age 21, open carry only if you are 18,19, or 20.

Only reason you need a permit is for reciprocity, carry in an establishment where liquor is consumed, city preserves and parks, and to skip background checks when purchasing.

Any NRA certified course, or hunters ed course works for the AZ CCW.

·
98 Posts
I took mine at Caswells, off of Stapley & the '60, I thought it was a great course and would more than likely take it again just as a refresher course. The course included the class, shooting and fingerprinting, all in one day. The instructor was a retired Sheriff, very personable.

·
98 Posts
Oh and I don't know how long it'll take now, once you send it in, but when I got mine, it took almost the full 70-75 days to get it in the mail. My buddy who had gone through I believe the FBI background check prior to taking the class (with me) got his within 2 weeks, this was back in 2010.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
I went to ben avery, up north on the i17 and carefree highway. My instructor was retired lapd and marine. I went before the law pass saying you dont need a permit so i know the class hours and prices have dropped.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
blackwolffcf said:
Look up Mike Abramovich at http://www.certifiedtraining.net/

He is a great guy! One of the members here attended his class before, and I am going to be getting my certifications through his academy. (when I can get the time and money)
He is a true master if the art!
Awesome! Ill look into it. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okdonk said:
There's no such thing conceal without permit. Open carry, yes i believe without permit. I'm not saying i'm right but it just doesnt make sense. ;)
Ya here in arizona you can conceal carry without a permit as long as you're 21 and eligible to purchase a firearm. You just have more restrictions on where you can carrywithout if you did have the permit. Plus its a good class to learn the state and local laws and even public and LE interaction.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
You need to come to the AZ meet and greet at Ben Avery's on September 8th!!!

(look up the Arizona meet and greet thread, it is a sticky in the announcements area)

·
Noob the forum boob
1,150 Posts
xtroyx said:
Sorry that might have been helpful. Im in the northwest greater phoenix area.
No worries I'm in Tucson didn't wanna give info for here when ur not near here lol

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts