AWESOME day at the range!

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by RRoss, Jul 22, 2012.

1. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

So I was honored with the opportunity to meet one of our fellow members this weekend and take my family shooting. He is known on here as "dwcfastrice," but after this weekend he is know as "Friend."
    He gabbed what had to have been every gun he owned, and we headed out to our R&G club. He set up a couple of his .22 rifles for my kids to shoot and instructed them both on how to hold, aim, and shoot them.
    2012-07-21_16-57-55_287-1.jpg
    He also played a bit on them as well :)
    _DSC2251.jpg

_DSC2277.jpg
    He brought his AR for us to play with a little bit....
    _DSC2263.jpg

My wife and I got to do a little shooting of our own:
    _DSC2317.jpg
    _DSC2393edited.jpg
    Showed us how a "New York Reload" is done:D:D:D:D
    _DSC2374.jpg

Last, before the sun went down he brought out his G23 with a .22 conversion kit and showed my kids how to shoot a pistol (note the look on my daughter's face. This was after the first shot:eek::eek:...she LOVED it!)
    _DSC2326.jpg _DSC2327.jpg _DSC2303.jpg

All in all, an amazing day finished off with dinner, with a incredibly generous individual.
    I am looking forward to the meet & greet and hoping to meet some more people from this forum soon.

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Absolutely awesome guys!! Gotta love some good training for you all and the kids getting into it!! COOL!!!

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Epic man!!!! How does he like the fobus tactical holster?(picture 7)

4. Looks like a BLAST. [​IMG]

An a New York reload is when you change to another gun instead of putting a new mag in right?

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Excellent! Glad you guys had fun.
    (you do great range reports Ross :))

6. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Yup....hence the gun behind his left foot. When I watched him drop the gun and pull the one out of his holster, I had a hard time not shaking the camera cuz I was laughing so hard[​IMG]

7. RRoss

I think he likes it. This was the first time I saw it on him. I remember him saying something bout it being his EDC.

8. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Nice way to spend a Sunday in July. The kids looked like they were really into it, which is always nice.

9. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Definitely a great day. I had a heck of a time. Your family is great and your kids are very teachable. Says a lot about their parents. ;)

I wish I had grabbed the camera and shot some pics of you shooting the Black Bear and the M38 Mosin.

Loved the Gun club and would definitely do it again. Just need more time. the 3 hours just FLEW by. I could spend all day up there...

Thanks again for the invite! Like I said, you and any of the other PA brethren want to come down my way to shoot, just let me know.

I LOVE the Fobus holster. Hence me trumpeting its virtues any time someone asks about a holster that can take a tac-light. :D

Draws well, retention strap is in a very natural place. It is my EDC and I've taken to also wearing the Fobus Mag holders, as well.

D

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  10. dwcfastrice

HA.. HA... HA...
    Don't knock it till you try it. ;)

It just occured to me, I should have brought the Excam GT27 for the kids to try. Super tiny .25 ACP with a considerably lighter trigger pull than the G23 frame (with the NY1 spring) that i'm using for the AA .22 kit.

Next time.

I want to see if your son can shoot the CMMG kit on the AR, too.

D

11. RRoss

He would get the biggest kick out of the AR conversion. Funny enough he's been talking about the AR all week leading up to your visit. And when we went looking for a .22 rifle for him yesterday he went right to an Ar with a 22 setup.

12. dwcfastrice

Oh man, I'm bummed we didn't have time to have him try it. Next time.

D

13. RRoss

Definately! Looks like Ty will be getting his own .22 this week. Wife and I went shopping yesterday and are going again today. Funny thing is...wife is the one pushing the matter now. It's great! I'm hoping to be able to get them both their own so they can keep themselves busy while we each shoot.
    I honestly think my wife has been bitten by the shooting bug. :D

14. dwcfastrice

Nothing wrong with that! Awesome stuff.

D

15. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Glad you guys had fun.

16. RRoss

Thank you RJ