Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what you'll spend monthly on range time ammo targets and more. Pretty much anything gun related.
For me it's been on average about $500 a month all together. Not to bad considering shooting isn't a cheap hobby.
 

·
Hiding in plain sight....
Joined
·
18,120 Posts
Well, here is a quick breakdown:
Range membership: 100/year so average $10 a month.
Competition fees: 5-15 bucks a session, so average 20 a month.
I don't reload, so I buy Federal Champion @ 21 per box. 3-4 boxes a month, so average $75 a month.
Targets...5 bucks a month.
Gas...a lot! It's a 20 min drive.

Total, around 200 including gas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not to bad. See most of my money is range time because I done have a membership. Didn't get one because I leave in two months for the army.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,108 Posts
2 range memberships total $315/year $26/month
average 1000 rds a month about $300/month
targets usually free
gas free (work vehicle)

so about $326 a month give or take, more in the summer, less in the winter months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
I have kept a running count since I started shooting on February 15th, 2009. As of May 3rd, 2012 I have spent $15199.46. That's about $400.00 per month. My wife thinks I should have bought a Miata.

I am going to try and keep the expenses down by not buying any more handguns, and just strictly purchasing ammo and gun club membership dues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Paper for targets is free
sticker dots about .02 each
ammo $10.00 a box
Range fees, none ( 70yd range behind the house)
less than $50.00 a month , unless kids and wife join in :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,922 Posts
glockguy13 said:
That's not to bad. See most of my money is range time because I done have a membership. Didn't get one because I leave in two months for the army.
Thank you for your service. Stay safe!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
740 Posts
I have 2 range memberships ( 1 was free from the range) the other was $210 for the 1st year
ammo hard to say I buy ammo every time I go to Walmart so maybe $250 a month
Targets maybe $5 /mo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
glockguy13 said:
Just wanted to know what you'll spend monthly on range time ammo targets and more. Pretty much anything gun related.
For me it's been on average about $500 a month all together. Not to bad considering shooting isn't a cheap hobby.
Private club was $250 for initiation fee and $100 annual member dues. In the winter, I shoot at an indoor range at $10/visit (separate facility). I shoot once a week if not twice.

Ammo: $100/week

Targets were $1 for paper but I bought some Cardboard IPSC targets for $.75/unit and I use one to two for shotgun, my Arntzen targets are armor plated IPSC and 10" target with separate stands (they ran about $325 for both).

$500-$600/month, on average.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
Just since last weekend (4-28) to present

Rental G23 - Box of ammo - Targets - Ear plugs - Glasses - range time = $60

Bought new G23 Gen 4 = $559
Meprolight sights = $104
5 boxes of 40 cal. = $80
Range time - $23

Lol this itch is adding up LOL :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
456 Posts
jtk07 said:
Just since last weekend (4-28) to present

Rental G23 - Box of ammo - Targets - Ear plugs - Glasses - range time = $60

Bought new G23 Gen 4 = $559
Meprolight sights = $104
5 boxes of 40 cal. = $80
Range time - $23

Lol this itch is adding up LOL :D
I went to VA with 4 guns. I have a lot more since I moved here.

I don't want to even get into the cost of guns, holsters, sights, magazines and 2 range bags.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,826 Posts
CDR_Glock said:
Private club was $250 for initiation fee and $100 annual member dues. In the winter, I shoot at an indoor range at $10/visit (separate facility). I shoot once a week if not twice.

Ammo: $100/week

Targets were $1 for paper but I bought some Cardboard IPSC targets for $.75/unit and I use one to two for shotgun, my Arntzen targets are armor plated IPSC and 10" target with separate stands (they ran about $325 for both).

$500-$600/month, on average.
I thought Lafayette had an indoor range?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top