Oregon August 3-4 GSSF Albany

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Silver-Bolt, Jul 15, 2013.

1. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

2. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I don't understand the way they present the results. They have several lists but they don't tell you what they are. For instance, I entered both adult female and senior. I don't see any separate lists telling who placed where in those categories.

3. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Yes! I did see you!

And I remember the cute skirt, too! Trouble is, without coordinating something ahead of time it is impossible to figure out who people are. I found SilverBolt and his wife because I noticed his blue range bag (which he had mentioned somewhere) and then saw a husband/wife combo both shooting 34's - so I found them easily. You would have been impossible. There were several women there. We must figure out how to get together one time soon. At Dundee, perhaps? I have been going there on Sundays, but will soon switch to Saturdays I think. I have been going every week while the weather is nice.

4. Smacks286

Smacks286 Premium Member

They don't list your special categories into different groups or on a list with all the people. On the far right of the results they list what categories you entered. They only way to tell if you placed first is to look and see if anyone in the same category is above you (less overall time) across all the different entries. Also anyone with a * next to their name is not an amateur if you were wondering. The prizes really take several months to get posted and they will update the results page when it happens. When they do, you should receive a letter/package from them the same week. I have only won money, hoping to win a Glock one day. Good luck.

Attached Files:

5. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Getting together at Dundee could be tough. I'm unavailable weekends so I usually go out there Thursday or occasionally on Friday. I do have a couple
    of Sundays off this month. Maybe we can figure something out. Would love
    to meet everyone!

6. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Thanks, that helps! Do senior men and senior women compete together?
    Also, I see my name in the first section of names (first two pages). Then there
    are several separate lists below. What do those represent?

7. Smacks286

Smacks286 Premium Member

Yes they compete together in both senior and super senior. The only difference is adult female, junior female, guardian female.
    GSSF has many different classes to shoot such as amateur, guardian, competition, master stock etc. In the results page it lists the category at the top then number 1 thru X for that category. Most shooters shoot 2-3 categories at any GSSF match so you will see names repeat. The results show all the different categories. Longer slide Glocks such as the G34 will only allow you to shoot certain categories. A Glock 29 or 30 would allow to shoot I think 7 different categories. This form shows all the categories and what Glocks you can compete in those with.

Attached Files:

8. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Anyone interested in getting together at Dundee this coming Sunday (August 18th)?

9. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

Saturday's are better for me. I work during the day on Sunday.

10. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Saturdays are a no go for me. I usually work Sundays but I have this Sunday off.
    Maybe Labor Day? (Sept 2)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  11. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

This Sunday is good but I have rehearsals till after 2 so I wouldn't be able to go till late - like 3:30. Saturday would be my best/most flexible day.

For sure I'll be shooting over Labor Day weekend - Monday the 2nd is quite likely. If the weather is good I go to Dundee. If it is pouring down rain I would go to The Place To Shoot. TPTS is a good place to try different guns. Silver Bolt and his wife have me tempted to try the 34 and 35- I have never shot a .40

12. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I just found out that I have to leave town Saturday night. So Sunday is now out. But Labor Day still works.

The .40 is a great round, lots of fun to shoot. I think it may be surpassing my all time favorite, the 9mm.

13. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

We will likely practice at Tri-County on Sunday the 18th. Planning to shoot the match at Dundee on the 24th.

14. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

What match is going on in Dundee on the 24th?

15. Silver-Bolt

It's a USPSA match. Come out and take a look. They are very fun to shoot. Mrs will be out but not shooting.

16. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Ah, that's for you youngsters, lol. Will try to come watch though if I can arrange it. Would be a lot of fun.

17. Silver-Bolt

Youngsters? One of the couples I usually squad with are in their late 70's. They both kick my butt. lol.

18. Silver-Bolt

So what did you think? Going to give it a try? The last Saturday in Sept is the next one at Dundee. There will be a safety certification class the Wed or Thurs before the match. My wife is planning to do the class and then shoot the match on Saturday. Today had some tough stages but a lot of fun.

19. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Didn't get out to watch it.....I completely forgot about it. One of the side effects of
    getting old, LOL.
    Let me know when another one takes place.....

20. Silver-Bolt

Next one at Dundee will be 9/28.