Oregon August 3-4 GSSF Albany

Discussion in 'North West USA' started by Silver-Bolt, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Silver-Bolt

Silver-Bolt Well-Known Member

I thought I would start a separate thread for the August GSSF shoot in Albany. My wife and I are going. I am shooting two classes and she may shoot one. Who else is going? If any new shooters of shooters that have not shot in competition would like help or guidance I am happy to help.

This past weekend I shot a USPSA event at Albany and have to say it is a very nice facility. It's very easy to find. Exit 228 off I-5. Be sure to bring plenty to drink. Each bay has a covered area for shade and benches & tables.

We haven't committed to a specific day. We will go with what the majority is doing.

If you pre-register online it will save you time at registration.

2. sglide05

sglide05 Very Cool Member Supporter

My friend and I will be there on Saturday to shoot.

3. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

My husband and I will be there Saturday.

4. Silver-Bolt

Looking like Saturday is a good day to go.

5. Silver-Bolt

Good news. My wife is going to shoot Saturday. I shot a USPSA match yesterday and after talking with the ladies and watching them she has the bug to get started. The GSSF shoots are a great way to sample shooting competitions. She is hoping to have her own G34 to shoot Saturday. If she doesn't she will shoot mine. Planning to be there between 8-8:30 Saturday morning. We are Bill & Lisa if anyone wants to meet us by registration. She is excited to meet more women shooters. Heading out to Tri-County today so she can practice.

6. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

Saturday looks like the day for me, too

I hope to see you guys there. I'll have my 19, but I was contemplating a 34 to start putting "gadgets" on it. the tactical stuff is starting to appeal to me. I picture a tactical class in my future. (got a ways to go first, though) ;)

7. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I also am taking a G19. Was considering using a G22 since I shoot better with it at distance targets, but I think I'll stick with the 19 since I am more used to it.

8. Silver-Bolt

You are more than welcome to check out my G34. It doesn't really have tactical upgrades but it does have a few competition upgrades.

9. Silver-Bolt

Busy day tomorrow. Mrs is picking up a new G34. As soon as she gets home I am swapping the sights and trigger then head to Tri-County for a test run. If all is good she will shoot it Saturday at the GSSF event. If it's not right we will just share my G34 until I can sort hers out. She is pretty excited.

10. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

Looking forward to seeing everyone there! I wonder how many people have signed up for it.
    I have set a lofty goal for myself- not to come in last, lol. Anything above that I will be happy with.

11. MissPistol

MissPistol New Member

I'll be looking for ya!

I got ammo and my stuff all ready. I probably won't get down there till 10 or 10:30, but I'll cruise around and see if I can find you. I'll be wearing sunglasses, blond medium length hair, and a tee shirt and jeans. black range bag. Without a doubt I'll look like a newbie.

I will definitely want to meet your wife and see how she likes the 34. That's the one I was contemplating for when I get into the tactical gadgetry.

:)

12. sglide05

The Match was fun yesterday. I couldn't go Sunday because I had to work.

13. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I had a great time but did my scores stink! A good chance I might come in last after all!
    I did good on the plates although my times were slow. Glock M was so-so although two of my
    shots hit the wrong target, lol and I had one other miss. What killed me was the 5 to Glock.
    I did okay until the farthest target where I had five misses! And I don't think the 5 in 5 to Glock
    refers to trying to miss five times, lol.
    Part of what threw me, besides not practicing at moving between targets and especially at longer distances was
    the fact the targets were just blank cardboard. No target rings to go by, except for very close targets where
    you could kind of see three slight rings embedded in the cardboard. I found that made it more difficult to
    aim. I will have to practice on blank cardboard cardboard at longer distances before the next match.

14. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

I might have seen you there. Did you come into 5 to Glock with another woman?
    I was waiting to shoot and was there with my husband (who chickened out and decided not to shoot). I was wearing a black top and flowered skirt, my husband is a tall guy who shaves his head. Did you get to try out the G34? What did you
    think?

15. sglide05

I placed 44th out of 67. Not bad I guess.

16. Silver-Bolt

My results were just so-so. Way too many misses. Still had a fun time. Wife did good for her first time. The bummer part for her was that the G34 put her in the competition class where everyone is grouped together. No separate ladies category in the comp class. She wants to do another one.

17. sglide05

I have a new G35 Gen 4 coming in soon that I'm going to use for the Matches. Should be interesting. I used to own a G23. Now I have to start reloading .40's again.

18. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal Active Member

How do you know where you placed? I didn't see any results listed yet.

19. sglide05

20. Silver-Bolt

Both of our G34's I have done the Rev/Glockworx full trigger, Dawson sights, Rev/Glockworx extended mag release, and Rev/Glockworx magwells. Made a huge difference. Trigger was the #1 improvement.