ATV'S

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Greywood, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

NYS
    So today I started in on the wife about getting a 4wheeler... lol! I think im gonna try and get her to go for a honda rubicon. Anyone here have any other choices I may want to consider?

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Those are nice any pics of what your looking at

Greywood likes this.

3. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Dragnet, Greywood and Firedog like this.
  4. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    :( Oops! Looks like FCA blocked sales in the USA!
    C1B5F8BC-5457-4578-927A-54744C04B48E.jpeg

Greywood likes this.
  5. Greywood

NYS
    20201017_151014.jpg But I have this!

Danzig likes this.
  6. Greywood

NYS
    This 1. Screenshot_20201017-152618_Chrome.jpg

Danzig likes this.
  7. The Rubicons are real nice, but I haven't needed anything bigger than the Honda Rancher 4X4. I have a 2004 with 9K miles and it's still going strong. The power of the bigger bikes is great, but you sacrifice range on a tank of fuel. My Rancher will go 120+ miles on a 2 1/2 gallon tank without getting into the reserve. Extremely reliable and has required very few parts replacement. It has done well hauling out several elk and has logged many miles in a real rough Coues whitetail hunting area. The Honda reliability is unmatched.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  8. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

01 honda forman rubicon 1800 hours original tires 1 owner
    used from the right person is good.
    20200301_110642.jpg

Greywood and Danzig like this.
  9. Old Bloke

Old Bloke Why Me Lord ? Why Me! Supporter

10. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

what are your plans for usage? I sold 3 and 4 wheelers back in the early '80's. Suzukis. They've come a long way since then, but unless you're hauling stuff or need to cover miles out and back in one day, they simply contribute to the proliferation of the fat and unhealthy imo.

Old Bloke and Firedog like this.
  11. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

Bayou, Old Bloke and Firedog like this.
  12. mattm

ahh, I see too many young fat kids getting put on atv's when they should be starting off on a mountain bike or hiking boots imo. Maybe I just love the taste of sweat, even if it's my own :p
    My son is on a road trip at the moment, TN to the Rockies, and sent pix of hiking the Badlands, Yellowstone and some random areas on his way....dang I'm missing it.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Bayou, Olga17, Firedog and 1 other person like this.
  13. Greywood

NYS
    Work and play. Wife won't let me have anymore street bikes to play with. I'll also be using it for chores around the property.

14. Greywood

NYS
    Reliability is why I'm going Honda. Best bikes I've ever owned,but I've been tempted by canam and Polaris lately.

Bayou and IAhunter like this.
  15. mattm

Back in the day when I was selling powersports equipment and living on road bikes, I found the best work quads were your larger 4 strokes, but for play, a light 2 stroke was the cat's meow. Just like bikes, straight line vs.something for the twisties. Thinking you need 2 quads ;)
    Dealership matters as well. What's local,what's the vibe of the place(s).

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
    Bayou, TheKraken and Danzig like this.
  16. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

That’s awesome! I would love to do a trip like that.

Bayou and mattm like this.
  17. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Honda is the way to go for reliability and efficiency. A couple of friends have Hondas and love them.

IAhunter and Greywood like this.
  18. elk creek

elk creek Well-Known Member Supporter

I own Yamaha grizzlys, and like them. I put tracks on my 700 in the winter to plow snow and wolf hunt. I have had two Honda foreman and they seemed very reliable also. I think all of them are pretty much dialed in and work well with today’s technology. 5902461F-0150-41D4-AB5D-B51F296C9E8F.jpeg

Dragnet, Greywood and TheKraken like this.
  19. mattm

My wife says he's reliving my trip from...cripe, 40 years ago. I'm glad to see much has not changed, and it's giving me the bug for upcoming retirement. When my son mentioned doing the trip, I mentioned sudden snow and asked what he was taking, knowing of his Chrysler 300. Cracked me up, he's got a Silverado, '07...just like dad. Nice tires, cap on it, he'll be fine.

j102 likes this.
  20. mattm

I wanted the Mahindra diesel pick up truck when that came out. 150 horse, 300 foot pounds of torque, one ton suspension in a compact truck...that one got blocked as well. Looking at trucks on YouTube last couple days, freaking 4-5 cameras on them, 'cuz people are too lazy to look out the window?

Dragnet and j102 like this.