Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They sell pistols at the range I go to, and yesterday they were VERY generous in taking my LC9-LM as a partial trade toward a new SR9. I don't think I could have received much more selling the gun on my own. They asked me what I wanted in trade and that's what they gave me!

Also, I thank this range for reasonable fees... $6/hour (outdoor range - multimillion dollar investment) whereas there are (indoor) ranges in the city charging $20/hour. I know there's a difference, but still... wonder how they can recoup $5 million by charging $6/hour???

I've never gone anywhere but Atterbury, and when it's cold this winter, I'll gear-up and still go there. I'm loyal & it's appropriate to train in foul conditions/cold as well. You can't choose when the bad guys decide to materialize. I hated training in the cold in the Army, at least here I get to go home when finished!

Thanks, Atterbury Shooting Complex!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, still, nothing can replace my Glock. I thank everyone here for helping me decide to 'go Glock' as my first gun. I lurked around a month before buying a handgun and before joining the forum.
Glad I joined.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Glad to have you PW! Thanks for the info., I have a SR9 and enjoy it very much! You will too. Thanks for being an important part of the forum.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to be part of things here, though I'm not very 'vocal' usually. I think I've been here five months now.
Going back to range today if weather permits. Going to compare my G19, XD9 subcompact, and SR9...
I misunderstood Herman Cain last year and thought 9-9-9 meant to buy three 9mm's... LOL, he inspired me.

·
Supporting Member
568 Posts
Good for you. Three 9 mm saves money just buying or loading ammo. Anyways congratulations.

·
195 Posts
They sell pistols at the range I go to, and yesterday they were VERY generous in taking my LC9-LM as a partial trade toward a new SR9. I don't think I could have received much more selling the gun on my own. They asked me what I wanted in trade and that's what they gave me!

Also, I thank this range for reasonable fees... $6/hour (outdoor range - multimillion dollar investment) whereas there are (indoor) ranges in the city charging $20/hour. I know there's a difference, but still... wonder how they can recoup $5 million by charging $6/hour???

I've never gone anywhere but Atterbury, and when it's cold this winter, I'll gear-up and still go there. I'm loyal & it's appropriate to train in foul conditions/cold as well. You can't choose when the bad guys decide to materialize. I hated training in the cold in the Army, at least here I get to go home when finished!

Thanks, Atterbury Shooting Complex!
Maybe by selling lots of guns to people who come in just to use the range. I know I've picked up a couple at my range/shop that I really wasn't planning on buying. If I hadn't been there to go shooting, I wouldn't have been there to buy them.

Add to that selling lots of ammo and targets for a decent markup and I guess it works over time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts