Attempting to polish my barrel

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by kimo, Feb 17, 2012.

1. kimo

kimo New Member

Ok so I have some time on my hands while I'm sitting here doing my midterm for my online class so I'm going to polish my barrel. I have it sitting in vinegar as I type. So far it has been in there for about two hours. I'll let y'all know how it goes.

2. codemanod

codemanod New Member

Let me get this straight, you have some time on your hands so you're going to polish your barrel? My advice, get a prostitute. Lol Jk. I couldn't resist.

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

maybe that's what he meant by "polishing his barrel"? (-j/k)

PEACE! :D

4. kimo

kimo New Member

Lmao! Yah I guess that didn't sound right. I have someone to handle that though.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I bet you do....;)

Good luck on the barrel project, let us know how it turns out.
    And good luck on your midterms as well!

Cheers!

6. Shelton1320

Shelton1320 high class white trash

Best way to polish barrel

I was thinking bout polishing my barrel ( no homo) and was wondering what would be the best way and are factory barrels stainless and will it show rust spots or anything

7. kimo

kimo New Member

Thanks! I'll put some pics up when it's all done. I don't feel like spending too long on the polishing so I bought a dremel. I get back from Walmart and it doesn't work! Ahhh ***. So I'll just let it sit real long in the vinegar and pick back up when I get that returned. The midterms are gettin in the way of my glock lol. Thanks

8. kimo

kimo New Member

Lol I'm in the process of doing mine right now.

9. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

There are a few members here that will add their opinions...stay tuned !

10. They're more likely to offer their services.

11. kimo

kimo New Member

I have a few touch ups to do but this is just about done. It is crazy time consuming! But it's worth it. I love how it came out.

Attached Files:

12. kimo

kimo New Member

Utube it! Just don't sand your barrel please.

13. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I wonder (and I am just wondering out loud here)....anybody ever try Flitz with a power buffer?

14. kimo

kimo New Member

I saw a few videos on the computer where guys were using that stuff to do it. I didn't have any and don't know where to get it but I used some turtle wax chrome and metal polish. Worked pretty good.

15. kimo

kimo New Member

Oh yah I used to dremel with the polishing pads, made it much easier and faster.

16. for anyone who is interested, I know that nukinfuts23 does slide and barrel polishing combo for $50, sweet deal there

17. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

...was kinda wondering if he was going to sound off on this thread....

18. kimo

kimo New Member

Yah that is well worth it. Great price

19. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

A buddy did this on the aluminum cylinder head cover of his car, looked really sharp!

And I have done the "poor man's trigger job" (and have recommended it) for revolvers. It works. It's a bit of work, but it works, and it doesn't take a gunsmith to do it!