Glock Firearms banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the "gunsmithing" forum seems to be limited to glock gunsmithing, I figured I'd drop this post here in the "general firearm forum." (Mods, please feel free to move it if you feel it should go in the "gunsmithing" section).

Took 4 hours on Sunday to install the ATI Mosin Nagant stock and JMeck scope mount I recently got for my 91/30.

I had to remove quite a bit of material on the left side of the stock to give the interrupter/ejector spring enough clearance to allow proper loading. Otherwise, the ATI stock turns the Mosin into a 1 shot wonder.

Also had to square off the lower mounting screw hole.
The JMeck mount attaches via a band and the stock has to be altered to compensate for the added thickness on the reciever.

While I was at it, I worked on free floating the barrel. I'll have to work on it some more to get it as "Free" as I'd like it.

My dremel work is crap. So, i had to "finish" sand it by hand.

Here it is completed- in bad lighting- and outdoors after test firing:

HTH
D

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
So it is just not a drop in part it see. I will sooner or later getting around to getting at least one more m44 and 91/30 and doing what you did there. Just cant bring myself to do it to my 1932 hex sniper 91/30 or my 1945 M44 carbine that look like it has been threw the trenches.

How dose it feel to shoot now compared to the wood stock? A lot lighter I take it?

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's definitely not the "Drop in" that it's marketed to be. With the JMeck scope mount it took about 3 hours to do, just removing small bits at a time. I guess it's like cutting hair, you can always take more off, but once it's off, you can't put it back on.

It shoots MUCH better. I had the commonly found recoil pad installed on the 91/30. I'm not a tall guy so having that extra pad made the reach a bit too long to be comfortable. The newer stock makes things feel (ergonomically) as they should.

On to the next step.....

D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts