Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, besides dry fire practice at home, I decided to invest in a BB gun "Glock Look-a-like". While Glock doesn't have an officially licensed bb gun version, Umarex has the SA177. Its very close, while it doesn't fit by SERPA, due to the safety on the side, it does offer me the ability to actually shoot in my backyard and to get the fundamentals down. I'll post a picture of it from my phone in a minute. It is a gas blowback BB gun at 380fps. Besides training it's a pretty fun backyard plinker as well.

On a side note… could we have a "Training" sub forum?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Yea, BB and Airsoft guns are a good training technique for fundamentals...

I myself hunt squirrels and chipmunks in my backyard almost everyday with

my Gamo .177 pellet rifle with suppressor and scope...keeps the tree rat population

down and hones the eye/hand coordination on rapid moving targets ( especially the chipmunks...skiddish ! )

( 1000 FPS...and that's with lead !! )

I could ask for a "training subforum" but it usually gets lumped somewhere else...(like now, when I move this thread

from the Glock Foum to the General Firearm subforum ;) )

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
May I ask...

Where did you buy it...?

How much...?

How many BB's does it hold...mag?

Self cocking...?

CO2 ?

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually deliberated for a little bit about what forum to put this in... Hence why I asked for the other sub forum... Lol

My buddy just killed a pigeon, "on accident"!

"I didn't mean to hit it!"

"then why the hell did you aim at it!"

Lol...

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got it off amazon for about 50 bucks or so. It is CO2 blowback, holds 19rnds a magazine, only comes with one mag but you can buy more. .177 caliber. Self cocking, slide locks back after the last round.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
HA...you got pigeons in Phoenix...

I thought that was a Philly thang...

As a kid, we killed those stupid birds by the hundreds...everything from rocks

to slingshots to zipguns...dumb as a rock they are !! They used to have Pigeon shoots in PA

till the tree huggers killed that...

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Sounds very nice...is $50 bucks the going rate, or is it an Amazon price ?

.177 is an excellent caliber, with all types of exotic ammo available...lead or unleaded.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, technically "taking game/wildlife without a special permit within city limits is illegal..." oh well. I think it was a pigeon... It may have been a grey dove, or a mourning dove...

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Cool...thanks for the info !

Buddy of mine was thinking about getting a Umarex Colt 1911 clone from

Sportman's Guide...so, I should tell him it's a good buy...the Umarex brand ?

( think it held 10 in the mag self loading )

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well... The first one of these I bought broke the first day I took it out, Umarex sent a brand new one as a replacement. Great customer service! The green gasket fell out of the back of the slide, still shot it just didn't blow back anymore. New one works just fine! My brother spent like 120 bucks on a KWA glock look alike airsoft gun, green gas, 6mm. Blowback. It is better quality but more expensive to shoot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts