Glock Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Glockmaster said:
I always carry around the house. Just 3 weeks ago 40 miles away from me there was a home invasion. 2 men kicked in a door beat up the parents and took their 9 year old daughter. 5 hours later the cops found her in a field 8 Miles's from her home rapped & beaten to death.
Didnt this happen in middle of night?

·
Banned
15,756 Posts
My gun is part of my clothing. Put in on when I get dressed in the morning and take it off when I get undressed at night. When I am in bed it is within reach (and so is my husband's) . We also have several throughout the house, in various rooms and locations.

·
Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
764 Posts
When at home, I carry mine in hand everywhere I go and lay it beside me whenever I sit. I'll tuck it in my pants while I'm grilling. I have it in my OWB holster cutting the grass... But while in the house, it's in my hand or laying beside me.

And there are probably those that think me crazy, but I think that carrying it so much in hand was one of the best things I could have done to improve my shooting. I mean... I really think it helped me more than range practice, even. I think it was the #1 best thing I could have done. When I 1st started carrying it with me everywhere inside the house, it felt foreign to my hand... like a large weight completely not belonging in my hand. But after a very long time of carrying it, checking the chamber, dry fire practice, etc., it now feels like a part of "me" no matter how I carry it, whether it be in my right hand or left. It feels totally natural to me now.

The ultimate (and VERY noticeable to me) result was that now when I shoot the gun, I'm completely comfortable with it because of the natural feeling of it. It's more like I'm pointing my finger instead of shooting a gun. I can shoot it as fast as I can point. And accurately too.

I might be crazy. It might all be in my head. Who knows... But that's what "I" think.
:confused:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I literally carry my Glock around the house. In my hands. Cuz I look badass doing so lol :D It's even right outside the shower door when I take a shower. My mom and my sister (we all live 20 min away from each other) are the same way. We cc 24/7. Better safe than sorry-- worst story: an LEO was home invaded in the metro area and got tied up. It was hours before he was discovered by a family member. Bound and beaten badly.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Do you guys consider how'll you will conceal when hopping for pants/clothing? I've noticed tactical pants are fashionable and practical for these purposes.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I've worn a gun so long it's like putting my wallet and keys in my pockets... As for around the house, I carry all the time... If its not on me, then it's within reach... Arrest too many people and dealt with too many EDPs to not be prepared... For bigger issues the M4 is close at hand

·
Registered
448 Posts
And there are probably those that think me crazy, but I think that carrying it so much in hand was one of the best things I could have done to improve my shooting. I mean... I really think it helped me more than range practice, even. I think it was the #1 best thing I could have done. When I 1st started carrying it with me everywhere inside the house, it felt foreign to my hand... like a large weight completely not belonging in my hand. But after a very long time of carrying it, checking the chamber, dry fire practice, etc., it now feels like a part of "me" no matter how I carry it, whether it be in my right hand or left. It feels totally natural to me now.

Brother you know how the handgun sits in your hand!! It's like shooting that gun for years!

·
Very Sensitive Guy (^;)
764 Posts
Brother you know how the handgun sits in your hand!! It's like shooting that gun for years!
Exactly, brother... Thanks. Now I'm not feeling quite so stupid for saying that, lol.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.