Armorer school

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sgtglock, May 1, 2012.

1. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Well, I'm off to Glock Armorer school! I've been looking forward to this for months. The last time I attended the school was..... April 20,1995. Can't wait to see what's new and/or different. I just hope I do better in the class than I am typing this! Correcting mistskes!

2. Good luck! I want my cert, but it's a few hours of driving for me so I haven't had the time or extra money to do it.

3. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Got lucky. The job is paying for it and its only 30 minutes away. Just fed us a catfish lunch! Having a large time!

4. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Pics or it didn't happen!!

Just kidding...good luck and enjoy.

5. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Lucky!!!! Have fun!!!!!!

6. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Have fun shooting the G18 and the suppressed G17

7. mm catfish.

My company doesn't focus largely in the armorer side of things so I don't see a pressing need to make the long drive.

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I had a blast at my last one. Free pizza is nice anytime.

9. is it only open to law enforcement ?

10. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

I've got pics Gunner! Just have to figure out how to post it. Glick stocking dealers and GSSF members can attend also. It was a really good class. Glad I got to go.

11. GunnerGSP

GunnerGSP Active Member

Cool. Glad u had a good time...

I've been wanting to take the course as well.

12. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

And I may be rethinking some of the mods that I've done, and others have done, to their Glocks. Lets just say stock may be better. And there is a lot you can do with stock parts, especially on the trigger.

13. "GLOCK provides professional training to law enforcement, military, licensed security and other personnel..."

14. Mechanically, excepting the trigger, 99% of the time it is better to leave it alone. On the cosmetic sides, however, there is little you can do to affect reliability and performance. Also don't forget, GLOCK is of course going to convey that factory is the right way. There are pros and cons to both.

15. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Yeah,I'll agree with you about the trigger! I'm going try a little something with the trigger though and I'll report back.