Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can go to Dixie Gun Works and buy a complete kit that will allow me to build a black powder pistol.
I can go to any number of sites and buy all the parts I need to build an AR-type rifle.
I can go to many sites and buy conversion kits to run .22 shells through my Glock, or convert it from .40 to 9mm, etc.

But is there anybody out there that sells a kit, with all (or at least most) of the parts needed to assemble a modern pistol?

I fell in love with the inner workings of guns way back in middle school when I built my first black powder pistol kit. At one time I actually thought of pursuing a cereer as a gunsmith.

So I've been thinking how interesting it might be to be able to BUILD a modern pistol. I'm not talking about the 3D printer type. I'm talking a real, steel, piece of mechanical wonderment that can be loaded and fired just as any over-the-counter factory-made firearm.

Have any of my fellow shooters ever run across something like this???

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I thought you could build a lone wolf "Glock". Never looked into it myself but as I understood it, you can get everything you need from lone wolf. I may be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I can go to Dixie Gun Works and buy a complete kit that will allow me to build a black powder pistol.
I can go to any number of sites and buy all the parts I need to build an AR-type rifle.
I can go to many sites and buy conversion kits to run .22 shells through my Glock, or convert it from .40 to 9mm, etc.

But is there anybody out there that sells a kit, with all (or at least most) of the parts needed to assemble a modern pistol?

I fell in love with the inner workings of guns way back in middle school when I built my first black powder pistol kit. At one time I actually thought of pursuing a cereer as a gunsmith.

So I've been thinking how interesting it might be to be able to BUILD a modern pistol. I'm not talking about the 3D printer type. I'm talking a real, steel, piece of mechanical wonderment that can be loaded and fired just as any over-the-counter factory-made firearm.

Have any of my fellow shooters ever run across something like this???

I know you can buy a stripped 1911 lower and build a 1911 out of it. All tho it will be a lot cheaper just to buy one all ready made.

http://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=1911+Receiver&ksubmit=y

·
Registered
38 Posts
You could buy a new gun, take it apart, mix the parts up in a burlap bag, dump the parts out on the table and reassemble.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Check Gun Broker for parts kits, I have a Ruger MK II kit somewhere in storage and the receiver blueprint is online and very simple as its a single piece of one inch .0125 DOM tube that can be found at any steel dealer or online. I did manufacture a 1919A4 variant and marked pistol on the receiver so I could change barrel lengths at will, Fun to play with if you want a 25 pound belt fed handgun. Still looking for a ankle holster.... :D You will need to send out several parts to be machined to semi operation and buy the the new trigger bar and 80% side plate. Have seen some kits with the 80% receiver included.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check Gun Broker for parts kits, I have a Ruger MK II kit somewhere in storage and the receiver blueprint is online and very simple as its a single piece of one inch .0125 DOM tube that can be found at any steel dealer or online. I did manufacture a 1919A4 variant and marked pistol on the receiver so I could change barrel lengths at will, Fun to play with if you want a 25 pound belt fed handgun. Still looking for a ankle holster.... :D You will need to send out several parts to be machined to semi operation and buy the the new trigger bar and 80% side plate. Have seen some kits with the 80% receiver included.

This is close to what I'm thinking.

Anybody else?

Sent from my iPhone (cuz that's on thing my Glock can't do)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts