Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone are the tabs on the glock magazines there for a purpose? I have a few mags where they are wore down from removing the base plate. The button on the base plate is the only thing thats held the base plate in place on other pistols ive had but glock has the tabs on each side. Why are they there? Seems like the the spring pushing on the base plate is enough to secure it especially with a loaded mag

Registered
You may get a lot of opinions.馃ぃ
Some people insist that the two small tabs hold the baseplate on the magazine, especially the middle one. After all, that's how Glock made them.
Conversely, I've known people who experience no problems without the tabs.

My own opinion is that I personally wouldn't use a tabless mag in my carry gun. I'd just buy a new mag. Not that expensive.

If you have no problems, use it on the range, or for non-fire training, etc.

Registered
I tired of a the contortions to disassemble Glock magazines till I used one of these, now it's simple.

Glockin鈥 since 1993
I cut the tabs off on some of my mags that I put Taran Tactical bottoms on. They got chewed up during install.
Personally I don鈥檛 think they are all that important.
like wearing a belt and suspenders.

Premium Member
in the beginning of time, Glock mags only had the tabs, and not the button thru the bottom. There is a technique to removing floor plates, and I've never ever used a tool. Hold the floor plate against a sharp 90 degree block of wood and push in on the button, it will pop off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts