Glock Forum banner

Ar pistol questions...

2K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  NQNPIII 
#1 ·
I am relatively new to firearms and live in New Jersey and I'm still trying to navigate all the laws regarding firearm ownership. Here we are allowed ar's it seems though we cannot own ar pistols. I have searched around the internet trying to figure out why this is. Anyone know why these types of firearms are banned in some places, or what makes them so evil?

#2 ·
My thought and the only items I would use as proof,is the infringements in place in the state of New Jersey,are the leftist politicians elected by the largest part of the voters of the state of New Jersey.
Remember Arms only have two enemies, corrosion and politicians.

Reactions: hate tank
#3 ·
The AR (armalite rifle) was designed in the 1950,s.the laws can be complicating from state to state.as far as your states laws,pay attention to barrel length,oal (overall length) of firearm,and probably,most importantly, weather or not you have a butt stock ,stabilizing brace,etc.there can be some grey area in the definition of pistol,carbine,rifle.do your homework,ask other gun guys.my ffl is readily available for any question on firearm legality.

#5 ·
The Dems were on the March with gun banning in the late 80’s and 90’s. New Jersey and a number of states proposed and passed Assault Weapons Bans. This ultimately concluded with a similar Federal Assault Weapon Ban in 1994.
In addition to specific models it banned certain features too.
New Jersey always wanting to be the best at banning freedom, had a few additional prohibitions.
Whereas the Federal ban expired in 2004, the New Jersey ban is for infinity.

#9 ·
In NY they did away with the AR pistol and Desert Eagles because NY has a weight limit for handguns. Now Desert Eagle makes a lighter version that is NY compliant. As for AR pistols in NY you can have the AR style "others". This maybe the way for you to go in Jersey!?

#19 ·
If everyone on this entire website aren't members of the GOA, and FPC join now! They are going after New Jersey right now and are mounting attacks all over the country. Putting your tail between your legs on the AR pistol ban is chicken poop. If it's legal in your area and you want one? Buy one! Then fight for your right to keep it. Someone who is smarter than me can get the sales numbers. The FPC, and the GOA will be leading the charge against the BATFE. Please note the NRA isn't doing a damned thing.
I am popping both the GOA, and FPC $20 each every other week. Even if Trump gets re-elected we are in the fight of our life to keep the second amendment.

#25 ·
If everyone on this entire website aren't members of the GOA, and FPC join now! They are going after New Jersey right now and are mounting attacks all over the country. Putting your tail between your legs on the AR pistol ban is chicken poop. If it's legal in your area and you want one? Buy one! Then fight for your right to keep it. Someone who is smarter than me can get the sales numbers. The FPC, and the GOA will be leading the charge against the BATFE. Please note the NRA isn't doing a damned thing.
I am popping both the GOA, and FPC $20 each every other week. Even if Trump gets re-elected we are in the fight of our life to keep the second amendment.

Just came across this from the FPC and Matt Larosie and it is informative.

FUDDBUSTERS: Pistol Braces are NOT Banned, Combatting 2A Misinformation

#29 ·
Even if it's true the future of the 2A is in our hands. Remember when O'bummer tried to ban M855? This isn't just about the pistol braces. It's mag capacity, weapon types, ability to buy ammo etc, etc, and more.
They try to confuse us ignoring the true meaning of the 2A.

Not sure which judge said this: “the Second Amendment guarantees the right to keep and bear … ordinary military equipment … that … could contribute to the common defense.”
I remember when they tried to ban M855. I made the single most expensive ammo purchase of my lifetime, that might last me a lifetime. My Wife still brings it up on occasion, lol! [emoji85]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.