Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building my first AR and need a buffer tube assembly. Just wondering where people like to get theirs or what brands are good or bad? This is going to be for messing around and having fun, not ringing the gong at 1000, so it doesn't need to be super amazing.

Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
They are all pretty much the same in my opinion. I would personal get a mil-spec one cause there are more stock options out there. If you get a commercial-spec then you will have less of a stock option.

If you want a adjustable stock then you need a 6 position buffer tube.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found some online for about $40 I think, but a buddy of mine says he got one for like $15. Is there a big difference between the two and what is it if there is one?

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
If you are building from scratch, and you don't have a stock yet, consider getting a stock "kit." Kits typically include your buffer tube and all necessary parts to put the back end on the receiver. I usually go this route, as I can generally get a bit more bang for my buck this way, instead of buying individual parts. Not every stock comes in kit form, but alot do. Good luck.

Oh yeah, I second what SG said, for the reason he stated...go mil-spec.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.