ar 15

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by 10mil, May 22, 2012.

1. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    i have many friends that have built there own part by part and I've been thinking of doing the same. semiauto ofcoruse. is there any tips on brands what extras are worth getting and what arentt and if i want to get a class 3 permit do i have to wait till i join fbi are can i get one on local pd?

2. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

If it is semi-auto then you don't need a class 3.

3. 10mil

GA
    i know but if i wanted to get class 3. i meant sorry.

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

If you just want to buy a Class III weapon, you go to a Class III dealer (Shooter's of Columbus) and order the weapon through them. You will have to file the ATF paperwork, pay a buttload in taxes, and probably wait about 6months before you get the weapon. Not to mention the weapon itself would be crazy expensive.

5. shoognite

shoognite New Member

Yup, $200 tax stamp, and 6 month wait right now and you can have a happy switch

6. 10mil

GA
    200 tax stamp. how much is the part

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

You don't buy a part to make an ar15 full auto (with the exception of buying a registered DIAS).

Generally if you want a select fire m16/m4/ar15 type rifle you buy an old m16 lower or complete rifle and you can put whatever ar upper you want on it. The $200 tax stamp is nothing, you'll be paying $15k or more for the M16 and if you can find a DIAS they are $8K or more.

Don't quote me on those prices, but those are guestimates from the last time I saw any for sale

8. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

What he said...
    Spend 300 bucks and get a 'slide-fire' stock. Perfectly legal (at the moment) and you can rapid fire. Much cheaper. Personally, I'll just keep my AR semi auto and enjoy it.

As far as brands..just make sure you stick with mil-spec items. If they are made to mil-spec, then they are all interchangable.
    I am working on on AR now...look up Palmetto State Armory. They put their lowers on sale for most holidays (Memorial Day is close...)
    Spikes lowers are fairly inexpensive too. You can build a basic lower with a 125 'lower build kit (LBK).' I chose Magpul furniture and it cost me 145 LBK plus the cost of the lower.

There are a couple more threads about AR15s on here.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  9. 10mil

GA
    i was told around 10k from my sheiff friend i wanted to see how accurate that was. Idk what i would do with it I've just always wanted a full auto lol