Can anyone recommend a good friendly ar thread such as the glock forum? Possibly even one that has an mobile app?? Thanks guys!
not sure about friendly tho...very opinionated and boderline arrogant
has been my experience there...depending on which manufactures firearm
from the site...i would lurk to get a feel for the mood.
Not sure about the app, i'm not a smart phone user...nor do i pretend to be !!
This is what the parts would look like laid out prior to assembly:Here's my parts list:
1. Barrel - Rock River Arms 20" 5.56mm NATO chamber, 1:9 twist, heavy barrel with 1913 Milspec gas block with rail, and gas block taper pins installed
2. Barrel Extension - RRA Milspec extension pre-installed and headspaced
3. Delta ring assembly - DPMS includes delta ring, weld spring and snap ring
4. Rifle-length gas tube - generic, includes gas tube roll pin
5. Flashider - J&T Distributing Phantom flashider with peel washer
6. Stripped Upper - A3 flatop, OlyArms, teflon-coated Milspec, with ejection port, case deflector, and forward assist
7. Upper Parts Kit - generic (Sherluck Arms) upper parts kit consisting of standard charging handle with handle, latch and roll pin; ejection port cover with cover spring, cover spring pin, and retaining ring; forward assist plunger with button and spring and spring pin
8. Handguard - NcStar MAR4L quad rail handguard with locking hex screws
9. Stripped Lower - Fidelis Arms 5.56/.223 Multicaliber lower, telfon moly coated
10. Lower Parts Kit - DPMS includes trigger and trigger spring, hammer with J-pin installed and hammer spring, disconnector, lower trigger guard and roll pin, hard plastic pistol grip (throwing this part away) wth grip screw and lockwasher; safety detent and detent spring; buffer retainer and spring; safety selector; mag release button and spring and magazine catch; bolt catch with spring, detent and roll pin; takedown pin with detent and spring; pivot pin with detent and spring, and hammer and trigger cross pins.
11. Carbine buffer - J&T Distributing buffer unit, spring and buffer tube
12. Buffer receiver end nut and end plate
13. UTG 6-position collapsible buttstock preassembled with shoulder pin, spring, release lever, release spring and retaining pin
14. BCG (Bolt Carrier Group) - RRA standard moly (not chrome) bolt piece with gas rings; ejector with spring and roll pin; extractor with insert and spring and extractor pin; bolt carrier piece with gas key and key screws (need to stake them), cam pin, standard firing pin (replacing with titanium firing pin) and firing pin retaining pin
15. Titanium firing pin - Model 1 Sales
16. UTG egro pistol grip
Oh, yeah, we gonna have fun!