Glock Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put in an application to the Orange County Sheriffs Dept here in California. Wish me luck!

·
Banned
767 Posts
Good luck man! I've thought about applying for LE myself....

·
Administrator
52,792 Posts
Good luck..... I have been a LEO for going on 10 years and I love every minute of it...... Stay sharp and stay safe, best of luck to you !!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Good luck keep us posted!! I maybe doing the same thing here in Oakland and would love to hear how it goes for you as you progress

·
Registered
441 Posts
I start academy in October for the Orange Co. Sheriff Dept here in Florida... Good luck man!

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
DevilDawg235 said:
I start academy in October for the Orange Co. Sheriff Dept here in Florida... Good luck man!
Congrats!!! I was born and raised in orange county (Apopka/pine hills)

Be safe out there orlando can get pretty wicked

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
Good luck to you man. I've been in law enforcement for 6.5 years now and love it. Granted I'm no longer on the streets patrolling, I still love it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
glocknloaded said:
Congrats!!! I was born and raised in orange county (Apopka/pine hills)

Be safe out there orlando can get pretty wicked
Awesome! I work in Altamonte Springs now... So did you leave FL?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I just hate the fact that it'll take forever to go thru the process, that's if I even get chosen for selection.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
DevilDawg235 said:
Awesome! I work in Altamonte Springs now... So did you leave FL?
Nice! My very first place was in Altamonte right across the street from the mall on Essex dr.

Yeah I live in California now Oakland/ San Francisco area.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sweet man try to stay fit so the academy is easier. I'm in the process too at Dekalb county. And it does seem long. Currently in the background check phase and should be getting a call for interview pretty soon hopefully

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just put in an application to the Orange County Sheriffs Dept here in California. Wish me luck!
Good Luck! Hope you are OK working in the Jails! Last I heard in the OC you will be in the Jails a Minimum of 6 yrs. L.A. is loosining up and getting them out to the Street sooner.
OC enjoys the Rep as one of the Best and Toughest Academy's! Again Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just an update, I got my invite to take the written exam and agility test next Saturday. And it depends on the county's need for corrections officers. I already have a friend that went thru the academy and is already patrolling the streets, hopefully I don't have to but you gotta do what ya gotta do.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
34,838 Posts
Working in a jail gives you invaluable experience that will help you once you get on the streets. You'll see. Just another step towards your goal.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
See, I went the other way. I joined up as a Reserve Deputy and worked patrol and events for 6 years. Now I'm with the Feds as a correctional officer. It was my degree and experience as a patrol deputy which helped me get this job. Of course, now I'm inside all day with much better pay and benefits. I will actually have a pension and retirement savings here versus nothing if I retired as a deputy.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So to update everyone. The exam and agility test were this morning. I did great on the exam, passed the pre-interview screening, was able to manipulate a Glock trigger with both hands 6 times, did surprisingly well on the obstacle course, did my 30 push ups and 30 sit ups in less than 5 minutes. But the last test was the mile run in under 10 minutes; each lap I did 1:30, pretty good seeing how I don't run well. 3/4 of the way thru my laps my knees didn't want to finish... There's always next time!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts