Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
The Hornady Zombie ammo is actually great ammo and it's less expensive than their other stuff. I carry it and recommend it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Argyle_Armoring said:
The Hornady Zombie ammo is actually great ammo and it's less expensive than their other stuff. I carry it and recommend it.
Doesn't it have Teflon in the middle which is green
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
I thought that was made from zombie boogers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I carry zombie max ammo in my duty weapon. Its more expensive than their critical defense, by a mere 10 cents or so. Its made exactly like the critical defense aside from the brass cartridge and the green "eraser head" in the center of the hollow point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
I carry zombie max ammo in my duty weapon. Its more expensive than their critical defense, by a mere 10 cents or so. Its made exactly like the critical defense aside from the brass cartridge and the green "eraser head" in the center of the hollow point.
The store where I bought my Glock actually sells it for about $1.50 LESS than a box of Critical Defense - not sure why.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Yeah, here in Oklahoma City the Zombie is cheaper than Critical Defense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
Zombie Max

Bought some, don't carry it. It's more of a collectors item for me. It says on the box "In case of zombies". I don't see any zombies anywhere, do you? LOL. Next time I'm at the gun show, I may pick up a couple of boxes of 9mm and 12 guage for range use.
 

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
I see tons of mindless zombies wandering about following whatever moves...Oh wait those are the consumers in my area, never mind cancel red alert.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
I just picked up a box of Hornady Critical Defense. It was the same price as the Zombie here in Tulsa. Looking at reviews online they seem to be pretty comparable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
I use critical defense in my back up weapon and i have the zombie max in my duty weapon. They are virtually identical rounds aside from the cartridges and the difference in the color of the "ballistic tip." Other than that they are the same round. And offer the same ballistic results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rmedley204 said:
I use critical defense in my back up weapon and i have the zombie max in my duty weapon. They are virtually identical rounds aside from the cartridges and the difference in the color of the "ballistic tip." Other than that they are the same round. And offer the same ballistic results.
What makes you carry that round
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
I carry Z-Max in both my Glock 22 and 27. My shop sells it for the same price as the Critical Defense.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
I use the zombie stuff with the green filled HP--it was recommended to me as a quality personal defense ammo. It shoots well in my 19, though too pricey for regular range shooting. The only thing is, if I have to shoot an attacker and end up in court, I am not sure how the "Zombie killer" ammo would look in court.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
70,974 Posts
chadzilla said:
I use the zombie stuff with the green filled HP--it was recommended to me as a quality personal defense ammo. It shoots well in my 19, though too pricey for regular range shooting. The only thing is, if I have to shoot an attacker and end up in court, I am not sure how the "Zombie killer" ammo would look in court.
It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top