Anyone use zombie ammo

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by steverich88, Apr 19, 2012.

1. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

2. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

The Hornady Zombie ammo is actually great ammo and it's less expensive than their other stuff. I carry it and recommend it.

3. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

Doesn't it have Teflon in the middle which is green

4. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I thought that was made from zombie boogers.

5. rmedley204

rmedley204 New Member

I carry zombie max ammo in my duty weapon. Its more expensive than their critical defense, by a mere 10 cents or so. Its made exactly like the critical defense aside from the brass cartridge and the green "eraser head" in the center of the hollow point.

6. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior New Member

The store where I bought my Glock actually sells it for about $1.50 LESS than a box of Critical Defense - not sure why.

7. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Yeah, here in Oklahoma City the Zombie is cheaper than Critical Defense.

8. the_mule

the_mule New Member

Zombie Max

Bought some, don't carry it. It's more of a collectors item for me. It says on the box "In case of zombies". I don't see any zombies anywhere, do you? LOL. Next time I'm at the gun show, I may pick up a couple of boxes of 9mm and 12 guage for range use.

9. techiej

techiej New Member

Bought some for the novelty box & to shoot @ the range.

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I see tons of mindless zombies wandering about following whatever moves...Oh wait those are the consumers in my area, never mind cancel red alert.

11. I see zombies, they don't know they are zombies

12. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Its polymer i believe

13. dougster

dougster New Member

I just picked up a box of Hornady Critical Defense. It was the same price as the Zombie here in Tulsa. Looking at reviews online they seem to be pretty comparable.

14. rmedley204

rmedley204 New Member

I use critical defense in my back up weapon and i have the zombie max in my duty weapon. They are virtually identical rounds aside from the cartridges and the difference in the color of the "ballistic tip." Other than that they are the same round. And offer the same ballistic results.

15. steverich88

steverich88 New Member

What makes you carry that round

16. casey97

casey97 New Member

I carry Z-Max in both my Glock 22 and 27. My shop sells it for the same price as the Critical Defense.

17. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I also carry the critical & my back up mag for my 23 & 27 have Z-Max.

18. chadzilla

chadzilla New Member

I use the zombie stuff with the green filled HP--it was recommended to me as a quality personal defense ammo. It shoots well in my 19, though too pricey for regular range shooting. The only thing is, if I have to shoot an attacker and end up in court, I am not sure how the "Zombie killer" ammo would look in court.

19. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

20. the_mule

the_mule New Member

& serve a ten year to life sentence.