Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at picking up a set to replace the trijicon hd xr currently on my 43x. Anyone using the new di sights?

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was looking at picking up a set to replace the trijicon hd xr currently on my 43x. Anyone using the new di sights?
honestly? I thought i would like the skinnier front sight, but i realized after that it really made it harder to center the front sight in the rear, since the hd xr is thinner you have a gap on each side when it is centered with the rear sight which i know is there to give you a clearer sight picture at further distances. It seems that its harder to find center, instead of just pointing and being centered i notice im having to concentrate about making the gap even on both sides becausw there is no natural fit between the front and rear sight. i dont like the hd xr no where near as much as the regular hd front sight. With the standard hd sight the front sight is thick enough to fill the notch in the rear sight completely and seemed it allowed me to be more accurate quicker if that makes sense. Follow up shots also have you searching for the center with the thinner front hd xr sight

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
honestly? I thought i would like the skinnier front sight, but i realized after that it really made it harder to center the front sight in the rear, since the hd xr is thinner you have a gap on each side when it is centered with the rear sight which i know is there to give you a clearer sight picture at further distances. It seems that its harder to find center, instead of just pointing and being centered i notice im having to concentrate about making the gap even on both sides becausw there is no natural fit between the front and rear sight. i dont like the hd xr no where near as much as the regular hd front sight. With the standard hd sight the front sight is thick enough to fill the notch in the rear sight completely and seemed it allowed me to be more accurate quicker if that makes sense. Follow up shots also have you searching for the center with the thinner front hd xr sight
That’s what I thought. I only use them on my 20sf. Otherwise I prefer the original HD’s. I’ll be reading about these new ones though. May give them a try.

Trijicon DI Night Sights feature a chemical and heat resistant fiber, finished with the same proprietary technique as the Trijicon ACOG, coupled with a tritium lamp capped with a sapphire jewel. This dual-illumination technology amplifies collected light, ensuring an ultra-bright aiming point in any light from daylight-bright to low-light to complete darkness.

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
That’s what I thought. I only use them on my 20sf. Otherwise I prefer the original HD’s. I’ll be reading about these new ones though. May give them a try.

Trijicon DI Night Sights feature a chemical and heat resistant fiber, finished with the same proprietary technique as the Trijicon ACOG, coupled with a tritium lamp capped with a sapphire jewel. This dual-illumination technology amplifies collected light, ensuring an ultra-bright aiming point in any light from daylight-bright to low-light to complete darkness.
IMG_1620999635.788619.jpg

There is a pretty big difference between the HD’s & HD XR’s.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I used Trijicon HD's but recently decided to try a set of Night Fission sights Yellow green front and serrated plain U notch rear,Wow. I'll be ordering more as to me it's the best low light/night sight I've ever used and I've used the gamut from Glock OEM to Trijicon HD's.

·
Premium Member
ıסмм
184 Posts
I used Trijicon HD's but recently decided to try a set of Night Fission sights Yellow green front and serrated plain U notch rear,Wow. I'll be ordering more as to me it's the best low light/night sight I've ever used and I've used the gamut from Glock OEM to Trijicon HD's.

View attachment 247656
Night Fision is my "go-to" sights on a Glock.

Features:
• Brightest Tritium Night Sights on the market
• Domed lens collimates tritium rays for a sharper sight picture
• CNC Machined out of high quality steel
• Black Nitride coating used to improve wear and corrosion resistance
• Built in the USA with Swiss Tritium

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got the new di sights in the mail and got them installed. Real happy with them, we will see how they hold up to dirt and dust from carrying everyday. I also had ordered the colored retaining screws in orangevyo replace the black screw that comes with the sights. One thing i will say is dont waste your money on the colored retainer screws. Trijicon sells them separately and for a pair of orange colored screws itll cost you $50-60. I wouldnt mind paying for them if the coating was quality. I went to install the colored screws and as soon as you try and tighten them with the included torx wrench the coating chips and flakes off. Needless to say i will be returning them

I didnt even get it screwed halfway in snd this is how it looked.

BB54FDB6-CCE8-40C5-B6A5-38C353F16A8E.jpeg

I had some testors fluorescent orange model paint lying around so i decided to paint the black screw, i did it after i installed it. Hopefully itll hold up. Should be pretty tough.

B6DA5123-F266-41A5-A118-D5D829233F86.jpeg

770B7DC6-B3D4-44DC-B191-5FB2A225EE90.jpeg

3E923910-5F4B-44E8-A831-B660159191B9.jpeg

98B562A5-B5DD-4E07-A59D-A3A9265416AA.jpeg

32C34475-AFAB-422A-8632-B0C2BB8F2DBD.jpeg

113009BE-A78F-4BC7-876B-58E218EB26C8.jpeg

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,820 Posts
Got the new di sights in the mail and got them installed. Real happy with them, we will see how they hold up to dirt and dust from carrying everyday. I also had ordered the colored retaining screws in orangevyo replace the black screw that comes with the sights. One thing i will say is dont waste your money on the colored retainer screws. Trijicon sells them separately and for a pair of orange colored screws itll cost you $50-60. I wouldnt mind paying for them if the coating was quality. I went to install the colored screws and as soon as you try and tighten them with the included torx wrench the coating chips and flakes off. Needless to say i will be returning them

I didnt even get it screwed halfway in snd this is how it looked.

View attachment 248413

I had some testors fluorescent orange model paint lying around so i decided to paint the black screw, i did it after i installed it. Hopefully itll hold up. Should be pretty tough.

View attachment 248414

View attachment 248415

View attachment 248416

View attachment 248419

View attachment 248417

View attachment 248418
That’s crappy with the paint coming off that easy!
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
That’s crappy with the paint coming off that easy!
Looks great!
idk why they didnt just make them out of polymer. They di sights are supposed to be designed to be able to easily change out the fiber color but theres no way you could with the colored retainer screws. You cant even screw it in once

·
Premium Member
13,272 Posts
idk why they didnt just make them out of polymer. They di sights are supposed to be designed to be able to easily change out the fiber color but theres no way you could with the colored retainer screws. You cant even screw it in once
Did they email you back? If not call during business hour. They may ask you if you have warrantied sights in the past. I answered that question by I have Trijicon sights on countless pistol, & a couple of their scopes on rifles. The Trijicon Rep went above and beyond in my case. I want asking for new free rear sights. Just asked what my options were.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did they email you back? If not call during business hour. They may ask you if you have warrantied sights in the past. I answered that question by I have Trijicon sights on countless pistol, & a couple of their scopes on rifles. The Trijicon Rep went above and beyond in my case. I want asking for new free rear sights. Just asked what my options were.
not yet, i bought them through optics planet, they sent me a return label and i shipped them back for a refund

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got a email back from trijicon today and surprisingly enough they are sending me a complimentary set of retainers to try again. We will see

1 - 20 of 20 Posts