Anyone reload 10mm?

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by Sw10mm, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Sw10mm

Sw10mm New Member

I want to start reloading for my g 20, ive saved all my spent brass anyone got tips, maybe some good sites or books? Also anyone pour their own bullets kinda want to learn that also

2. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I reload 10mm. However, I don't cast my own projectiles. The best advice for 10mm I would give is use the Accurate #9 powder. It seems to work best. I use the Lee book since it is the book I read first and I have tabs for all of the calibers I load. lol Each die set has it's own load data too. And the accutae website has load data as well. I don't want to list specifics grains I use, etc since people as pretty liabilty crazy these days.

3. Sw10mm

Sw10mm New Member

Thanks ill have to buy the lee book.... Do you buy brass? Where? Im thinking of getting the lee hand press I like the portability, and I can relax on the couch insted of mounting on my desk, I know it takes a bit longer anyone us one?

4. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

I use starline brass when I buy new. I also found a place in CO that usually has once fired. (BBR, I think)

5. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

The 10mm fits the bill for me in both the reloading & handloading arena. Reloading for range, target practice, & plinking for fun. Handloading for working up your own hunting loads. I don't on a G20 right now, but plan on getting one early next year. I miss my old Delta Elite from years back, and look forward to A Glock 20 Gen 4 with hopeful expectations.

6. I love reloading for the 10mm. I use the same bullets for that and my .40 LW barrel plus the same dies for both. I also use Blue Dot powder for both and Starline brass. I just buy nickel casings for the 10 and brass for the 40 for easier identification.

7. Tape

Tape New Member

no but I have been thinking about 10mm and 44mag, reload just the high $ ammo..

8. xafatolls

xafatolls New Member

I usually reload my 10 ammo. The bullets are the same that my wife uses in her SPS little ten (•40 S&W). Powders are Vectam Ba9, Vectam SP2, VihtaVuori 3N37 and 3N38.
    You can make hot loads or soft loads. No problemo! It always work perfectly.
    I use Norma brass to reload (I've more than ten thousand originals…).
    To me, reload 10Auto is like reload the 357 Magnum: you can do all type of shooting with them. Target shooting, IPSC and hunting.
    The perfect cartridge.
    Kudos from Catalonia.

9. chuckds

chuckds Certified Glock Armorer

I am about ready to start reloading for my G20SF. I have the Dillon dies, 180gr FP and HP bullets. Ordered 2000 brass from Starline that are back ordered till next week. A local gun show will be here in 2 weeks And I'm hopping that I can get my powder (Blue Dot) and primers then and avoid the shipping and haz mat fees. Until then I'm using factory ammo and collecting the brass.

10. kglack43

kglack43 New Member

Plan on starting before deer season... Thanks for all the info.