Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start reloading for my g 20, ive saved all my spent brass anyone got tips, maybe some good sites or books? Also anyone pour their own bullets kinda want to learn that also

·
Registered
624 Posts
I reload 10mm. However, I don't cast my own projectiles. The best advice for 10mm I would give is use the Accurate #9 powder. It seems to work best. I use the Lee book since it is the book I read first and I have tabs for all of the calibers I load. lol Each die set has it's own load data too. And the accutae website has load data as well. I don't want to list specifics grains I use, etc since people as pretty liabilty crazy these days.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ill have to buy the lee book.... Do you buy brass? Where? Im thinking of getting the lee hand press I like the portability, and I can relax on the couch insted of mounting on my desk, I know it takes a bit longer anyone us one?

·
Load Bearing Wall
4,095 Posts
The 10mm fits the bill for me in both the reloading & handloading arena. Reloading for range, target practice, & plinking for fun. Handloading for working up your own hunting loads. I don't on a G20 right now, but plan on getting one early next year. I miss my old Delta Elite from years back, and look forward to A Glock 20 Gen 4 with hopeful expectations.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
I love reloading for the 10mm. I use the same bullets for that and my .40 LW barrel plus the same dies for both. I also use Blue Dot powder for both and Starline brass. I just buy nickel casings for the 10 and brass for the 40 for easier identification.

·
Banned
654 Posts
no but I have been thinking about 10mm and 44mag, reload just the high $ ammo..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I usually reload my 10 ammo. The bullets are the same that my wife uses in her SPS little ten (•40 S&W). Powders are Vectam Ba9, Vectam SP2, VihtaVuori 3N37 and 3N38.
You can make hot loads or soft loads. No problemo! It always work perfectly.
I use Norma brass to reload (I've more than ten thousand originals…).
To me, reload 10Auto is like reload the 357 Magnum: you can do all type of shooting with them. Target shooting, IPSC and hunting.
The perfect cartridge.
Kudos from Catalonia.

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
I am about ready to start reloading for my G20SF. I have the Dillon dies, 180gr FP and HP bullets. Ordered 2000 brass from Starline that are back ordered till next week. A local gun show will be here in 2 weeks And I'm hopping that I can get my powder (Blue Dot) and primers then and avoid the shipping and haz mat fees. Until then I'm using factory ammo and collecting the brass.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Plan on starting before deer season... Thanks for all the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts