Anyone own a Judge?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by casey97, Apr 18, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

I am thinking of getting a Raging Judge Magnum. It shoots 2.5" and 3" .410 shotgun shells, .45 Long Colt, and .454. It appears thus would be a great all in one camping gun. It holds 6 rounds. The first 2 can be .410 for snakes and then the .454 for bears. Please let me know what your opinion is.

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I know someone who has one. Never shoot it, just held it. He seems to like it so much he carries it from time to time.

3. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRlry5KH6I0[/ame]

4. I carry mine a LOT. Really love it. Good size, shoots well for the size and round.

5. I have a friend that has one too. I think they are pretty neat. If I got a revolver it would be that one. Like having a 3 in 1 gun, plus I love the size. Can you imagine a .410 coming out at you eek

6. casey97

casey97 New Member

Saw a video of a watermelon being shot with a .454. There wasn't even fruit salad left. It was a Hornady hollow point.

7. Had one. For about two weeks and got rid of it. Couldnt stand it. Couldnt think of one practical reason to keep it.

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I've always wanted one. Or did, until S&W came out with the Governor. .410, .45LC and .45ACP with moon clips. They include the moon clips, including 2 round sections, so you can have 2 rounds of each in the gun. I don't really have a need for .454. At least not in gun. Give me something with a 454 under the hood, though...:D

9. casey97

casey97 New Member

It shoots .45 acp with moon clips. Does anyone know if the Governor will shoot .45 gap?

10. 66Goat389

66Goat389 New Member

Dad bought his for rattlesnakes. About the only practical reason to own one.

11. unit44justin

unit44justin New Member

To me the only real application of the .410 would be HD. You aren't going to want something that sprays for SD carry. The grouping at 3:10 in Hickok's video with the Federal .000 was pretty impressive 4 pellets creating a 3 inch hole.

12. I carry mine as a .410. Its a backup, it needs to be the final word should it ever get so bad i need it.

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I've been kicking around the idea for a while now. This guy I work with when they first came out bought 8 of them! He owns a lot of land & some oil rigs. He gave them out to his employes for Christmas gifts. Too bad I don't work for him :)