Glock Firearms banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,776 Posts
are they not allowed in CA? or is it a different glock?
California has a arduous gun scheme that’s intended to discourage gun availability/buying/possession/carry. The state has a roster and only guns that have met their requirements are on the list to buy. Only gen3 Glocks are on the list and it’s been that way for years. No gen4 no gen5.
There are/were a few elaborate ways to get certain guns not on the list.

·
Registered
432 Posts

Existing guns on the list (Glock Gen3s) can be renewed but new guns cannot qualify for approval unless they meet the current requirements - then they must actually be approved.

So for now, the Gen3 is not going anywhere.

Reactions: SJ 40 and Danzig

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
The state of Ca. has a list of approved guns and if a new model comes along and it is not on that list it can not be sold to civilian gun owners, it's Californias method of infringement on that which Shall Not Be Infringed.
So in the case of Glock that list ends with Glocks Gen 3 handguns, no Gen 4's or 5's for Ca.'s citizens.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,776 Posts
it's Californias method of infringement on that which Shall Not Be Infringed.
...and yet it still stands as law. For many years too. Shows how far the Judicial system has strayed from ensuring Constitutionality of laws.

·
Registered
Beretta,Glock,Smith&wesson
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
The early Gen. 4's did have some problems, but Glock fixed it and made it right. My G22-Gen. 4 had a test fire date in October 2013 and it's had zero problems, so I know they had the problem fixed by then.
Just 2 days ago got my NEW Glock 21 Gen 4 with a Test Fire Date of 02/22/2013 This gun was i guess Old New Stock i am wondering When do you think all the problems the Gen 4 had were fixed like approximate year,month? I just hope i am in the Clear of any of the problems the early Gen 4 Glocks had:oops:

I know you said yours was made sometime in 2013, Based on the Test fire date you stated of October 2013. I wish i had range ammo Guys to go and shoot in my New Old Stock Glock 21 Gen4 to see if i possibly have any problems:cry: All i have right now is some .45acp Hollow Point Defensive Rounds Can't use thoughs in times like this unless the SHTF!!!!!!

By The way Bayou Do you Personally feel a Reduction in Recoil with the G22 Gen4's "Dual Recoil Spring Assembly"?
I Remember hearing that was all the rage with the new then Glock Gen 4's, I have a Glock 22 Gen 3 myself (recently acquired).

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It’s surprisingly hard to find out exactly when the Gen 4 problems were fixed. I researched and there are a lot of different answers to this same question. The consensus seems to be approx. 1 year after the Gen 4’s were first produced, so it appears the problems were fixed by 2011. As far as the recoil reduction on the Gen 4's from Gen 3's, IMO it is noticeable, but not by very much.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Just 2 days ago got my NEW Glock 21 Gen 4 with a Test Fire Date of 02/22/2013 This gun was i guess Old New Stock i am wondering When do you think all the problems the Gen 4 had were fixed like approximate year,month? I just hope i am in the Clear of any of the problems the early Gen 4 Glocks had:oops:

I know you said yours was made sometime in 2013, Based on the Test fire date you stated of October 2013. I wish i had range ammo Guys to go and shoot in my New Old Stock Glock 21 Gen4 to see if i possibly have any problems:cry: All i have right now is some .45acp Hollow Point Defensive Rounds Can't use thoughs in times like this unless the SHTF!!!!!!

By The way Bayou Do you Personally feel a Reduction in Recoil with the G22 Gen4's "Dual Recoil Spring Assembly"?
I Remember hearing that was all the rage with the new then Glock Gen 4's, I have a Glock 22 Gen 3 myself (recently acquired).
Your G 21 should be free and clear as to the Gen 4 problems as they mainly plagued the 9 mm & 40's,as I recall there were no associated problems with Glocks large frame guns G 20 & G21's

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
846 Posts
As the Gen5's come out the Gen4's will go away. I think they have a Gen5 G23 out now. It has 1 less frame pin than the Gen4. Wasn't that an issue on the 3's?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,776 Posts
As the Gen5's come out the Gen4's will go away. I think they have a Gen5 G23 out now. It has 1 less frame pin than the Gen4. Wasn't that an issue on the 3's?
I believe they had issues with Gen2 & 3 .40 guns leading to the extra pin.
The Gen5 .40’s have a thicker frame than the other gens.

·
Registered
988 Posts
frame is the same size on the gen5 22 and 23, it's the slide that's a little thicker. my gen5 23 would not fit in my kydex holsters for the gen3/4 19/23/32.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts