Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Beretta,Glock,Smith&wesson
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been slacking so now that it seems like they are ending the life of the Generation 3 Glocks i have been trying to buy all the models i can LOL.

:mad:When i can' t find a Gen 3 of a Model i am looking for i have been settling for a Gen 4 such as in my recent Purchase of a Model 40 MOS gen 4 10mm and a Glock 21 gen 4 Yesterday All i could find were Gen 4 versions in NEW Condition:mad:

My Main issues i have with the Gen 4 is that i guess alot of them when they first came out in what was it 2010?
They had issues with the new Double Piece Recoil spring guide rod making them unreliable? also i guess they were throwing the hot spent cases backward into the face of the shooters? Have these problems or any others been resolved?

So are the Gen 3 Glocks Coming to an End? I've even heard the Gen 4 Glocks are coming to an end as well?

Would you guys say that the Gen 4 Glocks Have proven themselves just as reliable as the Gen 3 Glocks?

I guess Gen 5 Glock Magazines will not work with any previous Generations of Glock 1,2,3,4??? and the Gen 1,2,3,4 will not work with Gen 5 Glocks?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,089 Posts
I don’t believe gen3 guns are slated to disappear anytime soon for the reasons Island Life stated.
Despite initial kinks all the generations are extremely reliable.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
37,089 Posts
All Gen mags will work with all gens. The only issue will be that you can’t use earlier gen1,2,3 in gen4&5 if you want to have a left mag release.
Also Glock 19X has a lip on the front that might be a problem with certain mag bottoms.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting i have heard that before actually about the -Occupied State of California- That their allowable Gun List has only the Gen 3 permitted maybe that is or will change.

Yeah i have never had Experience with Gen 4's This Model 40 MOS/10mm and Glock 21 .45acp Gen 4 will be my first 2 of the Gen 4 hopefully, Whatever issues they had are now fixed I do remember that Recall they had for the Gen 4 Recoil spring and guide rod several years ago. I Try to always Buy the Austrian Made ones i think the problems were with the USA Made ones Correct me if i am wrong?

The Model 40/10mm will be my Fishing Gun Can't wait and no i will not be using the Gun instead the fishing pole:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If Glock wants to sell it's products in Ca. they will continue producing the Gen 3's.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I have been slacking so now that it seems like they are ending the life of the Generation 3 Glocks i have been trying to buy all the models i can LOL.

:mad:When i can' t find a Gen 3 of a Model i am looking for i have been settling for a Gen 4 such as in my recent Purchase of a Model 40 MOS gen 4 10mm and a Glock 21 gen 4 Yesterday All i could find were Gen 4 versions in NEW Condition:mad:

My Main issues i have with the Gen 4 is that i guess alot of them when they first came out in what was it 2010?
They had issues with the new Double Piece Recoil spring guide rod making them unreliable? also i guess they were throwing the hot spent cases backward into the face of the shooters? Have these problems or any others been resolved?

So are the Gen 3 Glocks Coming to an End? I've even heard the Gen 4 Glocks are coming to an end as well?

Would you guys say that the Gen 4 Glocks Have proven themselves just as reliable as the Gen 3 Glocks?

I guess Gen 5 Glock Magazines will not work with any previous Generations of Glock 1,2,3,4??? and the Gen 1,2,3,4 will not work with Gen 5 Glocks?
The early Gen. 4's did have some problems, but Glock fixed it and made it right. My G22-Gen. 4 had a test fire date in October 2013 and it's had zero problems, so I know they had the problem fixed by then.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks For the Info Bayou, I feel Better now Because I just Purchased a Glock 40 MOS (10MM Long Version of the Glock 20) 1 month ago. Also Just Purchased 3 days Ago Glock 21 Gen 4 Can't wait so i feel better about these New Babies of mine.

Did Glock or anyone else ever get into the Details of what the problem was how they Resolved it? I had heard it was that all new Recoil Spring Guide Rod introduced in the Gen 4. What Kept me Sold on the Gen 3 was that they were Time Tested since what 1995/1998??? Maybe the problem was too higher lb of springs or something?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
From what I’ve been able to find out, Glock put in a different ejector, and increased the size of the metal disc portion of the RSA that fits in the half moon cutout on the barrel lug to fix the problems on the early Gen 4’s.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
I’ve heard that Glock is doing limited runs of new generation 3’s mostly for states like California.

·
Registered
985 Posts
The early gen4 9mm guns had issues. Long since fixed.

My 7 year old gen4 21 has had thousands upon thousands of rounds through it with no issues. Most of it’s life has been spent shooting suppressed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts