Glock Firearms banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,288 Posts
I took some SD ammo to the LGS and shot the gun.
It functioned fine, but I shot it terribly. Started at 20 yds., then 15, then 10, then 7. Bullet holes all over the target, no pattern.
I don't know if it's my not being used to a Glock trigger or what. I know the last time I shot for requalification for my CCW, I used a Sig P220. I can shoot a ragged hole at 7 yds. with it.
I told the owner I'd ponder on it.
BTW, his store is a Blue Label shop, but he stated it's about as difficult to get a Glock through it as it is without the program.
I’m guessing the larger non SF grip could be changing how you hold the pistol? What size gloves do you wear?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I would've thought I'd at least get some kind of group at 7 yds, but between the 7 & 10 yd target, it looks like I took a scatter gun to it.
I was too ashamed to even take pictures of the target it was so bad.
I really hoped that the gun would've at least performed like my P220. I had the money in my pocket to buy it, but if I can't shoot it, I wouldn't be happy with it.
Here's a target from my P220 (yeah, I know, a completely different gun).

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,856 Posts

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,856 Posts
I would've thought I'd at least get some kind of group at 7 yds, but between the 7 & 10 yd target, it looks like I took a scatter gun to it.
I was too ashamed to even take pictures of the target it was so bad.
I really hoped that the gun would've at least performed like my P220. I had the money in my pocket to buy it, but if I can't shoot it, I wouldn't be happy with it.
Here's a target from my P220 (yeah, I know, a completely different gun).
View attachment 249463
I’ve stated on the forum before, the first time I shot a Glock, I transitioned from a DA pistol. Didn’t even hit the target. Once I was shown how the trigger worked and how to fire it was all aces afterward.
That gun became my duty gun in 1993. Glock 21 gen2.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,856 Posts
Would I be troubling you to tell me what you did? What the trick is to the trigger?
I was snatching the trigger cause I was used to a heavy long pull DA.
I learned to take up the slack to the wall, focus on my sight picture and squeeze. Then I let off til the trigger resets and reapply pressure for subsequent shot.
Dry fire and learning your trigger should set you up for success.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No, I don't carry a full sized .45 Auto Flock M21, but I sure am giving it my full considerations. I am stuck sorting out my next gun.

I like 1911 .45's & River (River) (&%$$#%&$$%:!++!'$%%++:;') .357's, but I ain't welded to them or anything.

(Note to self, turn off auto correct.)

·
Registered
650 Posts
I took some SD ammo to the LGS and shot the gun.
It functioned fine, but I shot it terribly. Started at 20 yds., then 15, then 10, then 7. Bullet holes all over the target, no pattern.
I don't know if it's my not being used to a Glock trigger or what. I know the last time I shot for requalification for my CCW, I used a Sig P220. I can shoot a ragged hole at 7 yds. with it.
I told the owner I'd ponder on it.
BTW, his store is a Blue Label shop, but he stated it's about as difficult to get a Glock through it as it is without the program.
You aren't the first. I have a friend that could do good to hit a barn if standing in the middle of it with a Glock.
He can be coached to some decent performance, but put it down and drink a bottle of water, and right back.
Most can learn the Glock trigger if they don't pick it up naturally, but it seems everyone doesn't play well.
Dry fire is good to learn the trigger, but I'm not a fan because of no feedback. concentrate o the trigger itself while holding a sight picture, and don't overthink. Many use them for target pistols, but they aren't. Many have different expectations of a "target" as well, so it may be the wrong tool for your expectations.
Good Luck

21 - 30 of 30 Posts