Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious.
I had a Gen 1 G21 over 25 years ago and liked the way it shot.
I’m in the market for a new pistol and while at my LGS today I found this.

Trigger Revolver Wood Air gun Gun barrel

Wood Bumper Rectangle Line Gas

As you can see there’s very little wear. It was a little dirty, but otherwise it looked like new. It’s on consignment and has one 13 round magazine but unsure of a case.
The price? $450 firm. I think in today’s world that it’s a good price.
Anyone carry one?
Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Yup,G 22 & or G 17.

Reactions: JGKC9AYC

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,026 Posts
Just curious.
I had a Gen 1 G21 over 25 years ago and liked the way it shot.
I’m in the market for a new pistol and while at my LGS today I found this.

View attachment 249368
View attachment 249369 View attachment 249370 View attachment 249371 View attachment 249372 View attachment 249373 View attachment 249369
As you can see there’s very little wear. It was a little dirty, but otherwise it looked like new. It’s on consignment and has one 13 round magazine but unsure of a case.
The price? $450 firm. I think in today’s world that it’s a good price.
Anyone carry one?
Thoughts?
In today’s market that’s a bargain.
I carried a 21 on duty and off for years.
It’s a BIG gun but it can be done.
My favorite way to carry concealed was the Uncle Mike’s nylon pancake style holster with a button up shirt or vest over it.
Sleeve Grey Sportswear Font Personal protective equipment

thumb break strap is optional.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
So basically the size of this?
How do you carry yours?
Is the pictures I posted of a Gen 3?
4:30 IWB or shoulder holster in the winter,Yes yours appears as a Gen 3.
Remember there is roughly 1/2" difference ,slide length and grip length between a full size and a compact,carry on.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4:30 IWB or shoulder holster in the winter,Yes yours appears as a Gen 3.
Remember there is roughly 1/2" difference ,slide length and grip length between a full size and a compact,carry on.
That doesn’t seem like much. I guess when one straps it on is when it makes a difference.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don’t know when the Gen 3’s came out, or if they’re still being made but looking at it in person it looks like new.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Looks great. Don’t even see the smileys on the barrel.
Danzig
That was my thought as well and the other area on the barrel where round count shows is the raised area around the serial number stamp & the top of the barrel hood, the gun doesn't appear to have many rounds thru it at all.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I don’t know when the Gen 3’s came out, or if they’re still being made but looking at it in person it looks like new.
If I'm not mistaken their first year of introduction was 1995 and as you say still in production.

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
If I'm not mistaken their first year of introduction was 1995 and as you say still in production.
Not the regular gen.3 21. I think the only make the gen.3 sf models still in the 20/21.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Not the regular gen.3 21. I think the only make the gen.3 sf models still in the 20/21.
Yes you are correct,forgot only in SF frame.

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Registered
724 Posts
I dont normally, but have a G22 that carrie's surprisingly well.

Reactions: JGKC9AYC and SJ 40

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took some SD ammo to the LGS and shot the gun.
It functioned fine, but I shot it terribly. Started at 20 yds., then 15, then 10, then 7. Bullet holes all over the target, no pattern.
I don't know if it's my not being used to a Glock trigger or what. I know the last time I shot for requalification for my CCW, I used a Sig P220. I can shoot a ragged hole at 7 yds. with it.
I told the owner I'd ponder on it.
BTW, his store is a Blue Label shop, but he stated it's about as difficult to get a Glock through it as it is without the program.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts