Anyone here carry a G30 in an ankle holster before?

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by CountryMick, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Was curious to hear opinions from anyone who has tried carrying a G30 in an ankle holster. If you could also mention what holster was used, would much appreciate it.

Thanks

2. Not a 30 but I ankle carry my 27 almost every day. It's the easiest and most comfortable way to carry when I'm riding. I tried a few before I settled on a fobus. Nicely padded and nice and tight. No wiggle and no problems drawing from it.

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

How bad does that thing print on regular cut jeans?

4. Thanks for the holster reco, voodoo. Will check them out.

5. I've never printed with my ankle under jeans. I don't wear skinny jeans but I wear anything from regular cut to relaxed fit and have had no issues.

My old lady tried it on and she wants to carry her lcp on her ankle but she wants hers a bit higher so we are gonna try a calf gimmick for her little mosquito shooter.

I like mine nice and low so I chose the fobus style with the wide Velcro strap. Very secure. When I first got it I tossed a loaded mag in and ran around the house making "juke" moves and both the holster and gun were tight like a tiger. Nicely priced too.

6. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

yeah i'm thinking of doing an ankle holster for my 30 as well. I like Fobus and will check out theirs...

7. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Yes the Fobus ankle holsters do look nice, and it is nice to always have your firearm with you, but isn't having to 1. kneel down 2. Pull up pant leg 3. Draw, Aim & shoot a lot of time being wasted?? I suppose of certain events, ( your one of many trapped in a hostage situation in a bank) you could have time, at some point, to get it out, unless your up front and they have you laying flat on your stomachs. Just wondering about it? I do not have one.

8. I agree. It probably takes a little more time to draw but for me. When I'm on the bike it's much tougher to get under a jacket and inside my waistband then it is to get to my ankle and I would think any seated position the same issue would come into play.

I do agree it's going to be an extra second of draw time though when standing.

Ps. If I'm in a situation where I'm being told to lay down I'll already have my piece drawn by then I'm thinking.

9. I agree, it will take a little longer to draw from an ankle holster, but thinking of getting one for backup purposes, not primary.

10. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I tried to carry my 29 in one, and it was just too heavy and awkward. I hate to say it, but the best ankle gun is going to be a Smith snubby or a Ruger LCP. The Kel-Tec P3AT is also a great one. However, I'm not going to recommend ANY DiamondBack product. My buddy bought one, and blew the breach out with +p ammo, which its rated for.