Anyone going to watch 'Doomsday Preppers'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KeenansGarage, Feb 5, 2012.

1. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

It comes on Nat Geo Tues night. I am going to watch next week, then probably Tivo because Top Drama Shot and American Top Gear come on Tuesdays on the 14th. I am just curious as to any others...

Nukin, I know you will! ;)

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Or how bout that movie coming out feb 24 "act of valor" looks really good.

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I'll be watching it haha.

4. KeenansGarage

It does. I just saw the preview for it. I will probably go see it too.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I'll watch the "Doomsday Preppers" for the comedic value...

6. i'm in.........

7. Donn

Donn Active Member

If the people in the commercials are an example of the gene pool that survives doomsday, I think I'd rather be at ground zero.

8. KeenansGarage

LMAO! I have already started making fun of them...but I might learn something too. You never know.

9. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Can't wait to see it!

10. wxfanbob

wxfanbob New Member

Yes...I am curious!

11. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

I will be watching it. Hey man,you never know. Gotta be prepared. I CANT WAIT FOR MY GLOCK23 and AR15!!! PLEANTY OF AMMO Like the lady says on the show.

12. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

The previews I saw were making them out to be crazy extremists so I decided to pass on the show.

13. Draugr

Draugr New Member

I recall the media being very negative towards survivalists in the past. I wonder if anything has changed.

14. KeenansGarage

So, I watched it last night. Interested. Impressed at some, and saw some flaws in others. There were two episodes on last night, and I think of the 7 people they showed, 3-4 would be fine. They did show them in a positive manner, but then threw them under the bus saying that the likelihood of these events ever happening is almost zero.

I will watch it again, just to see if there are any new ideas that come about.

Oh, and the family that didn't want to have weapons...will be the first to fall. Unfortunately. Especially when they have a guy who openly says he will poison people he deems aren't useful!!:D

15. Draugr

Draugr New Member

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

16. Sarabian

Sarabian Slightly Opinionated

It'll be interesting to see, so I plan on catching it if I can.

17. wxfanbob

wxfanbob New Member

So any other thoughts now that it has aired?
    I have only watched parts...DVR to see the rest this weekend....

18. KeenansGarage

There is one ho%^Y man-like girl that plans on walking through Houston after an oil crisis...yeah right.
    There was a guy that had it in the bag with four min-pins, but his health was not there.
    There is a family with each member having 'duties' that didn't seem like they would really last long, but at least are organized.
    There was a LA wanderer who had it good, but had no gun, and could be left in a ditch somewhere in a heartbeat. Smart guy besides that.
    There was one family with a metal building house, and then tested .22 bullets on it to make sure it couldn't be shot through. (Who's going to shoot a house with a .22lr?? Really???)
    There was a 'community' oriented family that refused to be armed...yet had a guy that said he would poison people who he felt were bad or unuseful.
    Everyone missed one key feature...there was not Hot Women to survive the aftermath with. That should have been #1.

I did learn some food saving techniques and thought more about my BOB (Bug out Bag) and now a new term the INCH bag (I'm Not Coming Home). Not much difference, but it made me think about what else would I take if I KNEW I wouldn't be back.

19. jeremydavis

jeremydavis New Member

I'm defiantly want to!!

20. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

They lost me when the guy said he had over 200 lbs of cucumbers stored away in case on an emergency, never thought I needed a cucumber during an emergency. :D