Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It comes on Nat Geo Tues night. I am going to watch next week, then probably Tivo because Top Drama Shot and American Top Gear come on Tuesdays on the 14th. I am just curious as to any others...

Nukin, I know you will! ;)

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Or how bout that movie coming out feb 24 "act of valor" looks really good.

·
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or how bout that movie coming out feb 24 "act of valor" looks really good.
It does. I just saw the preview for it. I will probably go see it too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the people in the commercials are an example of the gene pool that survives doomsday, I think I'd rather be at ground zero.

·
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the people in the commercials are an example of the gene pool that survives doomsday, I think I'd rather be at ground zero.
LMAO! I have already started making fun of them...but I might learn something too. You never know.

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
Can't wait to see it!

·
Banned
1,081 Posts
I will be watching it. Hey man,you never know. Gotta be prepared. I CANT WAIT FOR MY GLOCK23 and AR15!!! PLEANTY OF AMMO Like the lady says on the show.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
The previews I saw were making them out to be crazy extremists so I decided to pass on the show.

·
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, I watched it last night. Interested. Impressed at some, and saw some flaws in others. There were two episodes on last night, and I think of the 7 people they showed, 3-4 would be fine. They did show them in a positive manner, but then threw them under the bus saying that the likelihood of these events ever happening is almost zero.

I will watch it again, just to see if there are any new ideas that come about.

Oh, and the family that didn't want to have weapons...will be the first to fall. Unfortunately. Especially when they have a guy who openly says he will poison people he deems aren't useful!!:D

·
Slightly Opinionated
235 Posts
It'll be interesting to see, so I plan on catching it if I can.

·
18,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is one ho%^Y man-like girl that plans on walking through Houston after an oil crisis...yeah right.
There was a guy that had it in the bag with four min-pins, but his health was not there.
There is a family with each member having 'duties' that didn't seem like they would really last long, but at least are organized.
There was a LA wanderer who had it good, but had no gun, and could be left in a ditch somewhere in a heartbeat. Smart guy besides that.
There was one family with a metal building house, and then tested .22 bullets on it to make sure it couldn't be shot through. (Who's going to shoot a house with a .22lr?? Really???)
There was a 'community' oriented family that refused to be armed...yet had a guy that said he would poison people who he felt were bad or unuseful.
Everyone missed one key feature...there was not Hot Women to survive the aftermath with. That should have been #1.

I did learn some food saving techniques and thought more about my BOB (Bug out Bag) and now a new term the INCH bag (I'm Not Coming Home). Not much difference, but it made me think about what else would I take if I KNEW I wouldn't be back.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
They lost me when the guy said he had over 200 lbs of cucumbers stored away in case on an emergency, never thought I needed a cucumber during an emergency. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts